Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My son has a fever and won't eat

They called off school today due to ice, so I was excited that we'd "be in the clear" for a few days.

However, my baby started running a fever and hasn't wanted to eat all day. He has been coughing a little. But he is also burping quite a bit. Of course, now I am panicking and thinking it is noro.

Does noro usually start with a fever?

Default Re: My son has a fever and won't eat

Is he congested at all? A fever can make a child lose their appetite. I know I'm not hungry when I run a fever. Noro can cause fevers, but I've always run them later on in the illness, after all the n and v. If he is stuffed up at all, that could cause him to swallow air which would make him burp.

I don't think it's noro, it usually starts pretty quick with d and v. Sounds like just a cold. Hang in there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you. I know every time I have had it or my kids have had it, the fever comes after all of the other symptoms. Actually, when I get it, I am happy when I get the fever b/c all of my other symptoms have gone by then.

He has not v or had d. He has been refusing a bottle and gagged on it when he took a drink. He has continued to burp a lot too. He had tylenol about an hour ago and the fever seems to have gone down some. He is playing right now.

He isn't really stuffed up. He coughed a bit this morning, but he hasn't really been coughing since. Idk what to think.... I am anxious as can be and my whole body hurts from my muscles being so tense!

Sometimes kids just get "fever sick". I know I did as a kid. It never turned into anything more. It sounds like he may have a bit of a cold.

Update: He ate a little bit for dinner and took 2 ounces of a bottle. He has kept that down for 2 hours and no v or d at all. I would think he would have had that by now. His nose has started to run just a bit as well.

Phew. I was very anxious b/c we are supposed to be having his 1 year birthday party tomorrow and we rescheduled last week b/c so many other people who were coming were sick. I don't want to not be able to have it and have us all sick.

I'm so glad he seems to be feeling better! I know you may not want to hear this but you may not want to have his party tomorrow since he's had a fever today. He may not feel great and could still spread it to others since it hasn't been 24hrs. Praying for you guys!

Glad to hear that it's just a cold! Hopefully everyone can enjoy the party.

I was going to say, gagging on a bottle is a common sign of a sore throat. If children feel sick, they wont let anything go in their mouth at all.