Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Not feeling well. I'm scared.

I've been fine most of the day. I've just been feeling extremely full. We went for a long bike ride and I came home and walked the dogs for about an hour. When I was done my throat was hurting. Plus this isn't normal for me I'm not usually this active. But my throat hurts but isn't red or swollen. I have an odd taste in the back of my throat I have a low fever and my stomach is a little queasy. I'm scared. I hope this isn't some kind of V bug. I read it can cause a sore throat too.

Default Re: Not feeling well. I'm scared.

I keep feeling like I'm getting worse. My anxiety is so high. My throat hurts so bad. My head is starting to hurt. I wish I didn't eat.

Try not to worry, it just sounds like you've over done it! I run and feel nauseous afterwards every time, it never comes to anything. Relax and let your body recover

Where did you read that svs cause sore throat? I have never heard that. If your throat hurts, it is probably not a sv.

If you do excessive fitness and your body isn't used to it, you will feel iffy. The headache could be due to slight dehydration the throat could be from cold or dry weather. Just sit down, relax with lots of water!

Well I woke up still ill. I could hardly sleep last night because the body pains. I still have the body aches, headache and sore throat really bad. I looked at my throat and its really red but my tonsils are normal. It looks like really big red veins all over my throat. My neck is really tender and swollen too.

Sounds like it could be strep. I would def make a drs appt

I want to make an appt. just scared to. I just got over taking antibiotic for a UTI. I'm still recovering from that. I just hate antibiotics. I kinda felt like it was strep because of the nausea. I've been trying to keep up with my fluids. But the more I drink it upsets my stomach.

Ok still not better. I couldn't sleep again last night because of the pain. I can hardly swallow liquids. I took a 800mg Motrin and now the pain in throat is getting a little better but it comes right back in an hour or two. My temp went to 102 then an hour after Motrin I'm still at 101. My stomach is so upset. I ate a sandwich and it just didnt settle right. I don't know what to do. I don't want to go to the doctor. But I'm so miserable and scared I'm going to V since my tummy feels so yuck.

If its strep you have to go get it checked out because if you don't serious complications can come from it. Scarlet fever and even heart damage. Feel better but please get checked out

It might sound stupid. But I feel so horrible I don't want to go to the doctor. Or I'm too sick to go to the doctor. If that makes any sense. I just wish I wasn't so nauseated. I can deal with everything else. But my tummy is making me scared.

It doesn't sound stupid but you really have to go. I hate the Dr. too but a 102 fever and that sore of a throat has to be treated. Strep won't go away on its own.

I agree it doesn't sound stupid because I hate going anywhere when I'm sick, but if its strep you really should go and get some meds for it. Feel better

Thanks you guys. I took a small nap and the nausea subsided a little. I think the 800 ibruprophine on a empty stomach helped. But it helped the pain for a little. I woke up without my throat hurting and had chicken noodle soup then after that the pain came back. Now it hurts to turn my head. If I still feel this bad tomorrow I'll go to urgent care.

Try ACV (Apple cider vinegar) for the sore throat and nausea.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Sounds like strep. Get yourself checked out! I've had it more times than i can count.

Well. I woke up and feel much better today. The only thing wrong is my uvula is swollen and bugging me bad.

Well I thought I was feeling better until I got dressed up to go to a car show. I dropped the big boys off at a BMX competition and headed to the fairground when severe nausea hit me then anxiety. I was shaking so bad I could hardly push on the pedal. I really thought I was gonna V all in my truck. I was bad and called my aunt. I know your not suppose to talk and drive but it was an emergency to me. I could barely control myself and if I can't talk to anyone I feel worse. Now I'm in bed again and my tummy keeps gurgling and turning. I feel so horrible. My throat isn't as bad still but my uvula is still swollen which I think I keep gagging on it.

Hey sweetie, how are you feeling? My kids often feel nauseous during colds/flu but have never once actually v'd. I don't know if you've got any of those wee alcohol swabs (docs and nurses use them to clean skin), but I recently learned a brilliant wee fact. Open an alcohol swab and wave it around so that the smell 'wafts' around you (dont' sniff too close as it's quite strong). I've tried it now on seven family members and five of them felt immediately better. The paramedics use them often as a quick fix apparently. I just love how convenient and cheap they are. Most standard First Aid Kits have some in them, othetwise you can buy them for cheap at the pharmacy. Hope you're feeling lots better. Hugs for you!. Xx

I did not know that about alcohol swabs. I always have them on hand. Either for medical purpose or for cleaning games.

I really don't feel any better. I did earlier but I got up and did too much I think. My aunt said its too soon for me to do things since I had fevers yesterday. So I'm stuck in bed again. My dad gave me a couple of phenergan pills to help my nausea but it hasn't kicked in yet. I thought I'd be asleep by now since I haven't had one in years. I just wish all this will clear up soon. I'm tired of being sick. I rarely ever get sick. I can hold my kids when they are sick, coughing and sneezing all over me and I rarely get it. My husband can be home for 30 minutes and catch it. I really think the antibiotic messed up my immune system.

Yeah, they may have. Be sure to get some probiotics and take them until you've finished them. Your Aunt is right, you need to rest up. I think you'll be fine. Pm me and let me know if you need support. . Rest up sweetie. X