Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nervous about taking pepto...

I woke up about 3 hours ago and since I've been awake, I've felt n*. I have a bottle of pepto but I'm nervous about taking it, mainly because I have it set in my mind that it's going to make me v* anyway (but I think a large part of that is because the taste makes me gag). Does/did anyone else have/had this problem??

Default Re: Nervous about taking pepto...

They have tablets now that you don't chew or anything, you just swallow them with water, no taste. That's what I use. I like the liquid bc it works super fast and you can feel it working, but the tablets have no taste. Hope you feel better. Also, you can try peppermints or ginger gum. Much better than pepto and its all natural

I have to buy the tablets. When I was younger, my mom would give me that god-awful tasting liquid and I would v it up. I tried taking it once and I gagged so no more of that!

I sip it and it's not as bad. Pepto really helps my stomach most of the time. Hope you feel better soon!

I love the taste of pepto, when I was a kid I use to sneak sips from my moms bottle.

Me too natie! Lol

I love pepto, too. Have been an "addict" of sorts since I was 7 :/. It's my go-to.

Drinking the Pepto Bismol shouldn't make you feel worse, but there are some cautions. Pepto Bismol OR Aspirin should NEVER be taken if you have or are recovering from the flu, and Pepto Bismol should only really be used as a last resort for curing nausea, as it probably isn't as effective as, say, ginger or other home remedies or medications.

There was a time I was addicted. I would probably go through a bottle a week and took to using alternate chemists ..joys of being an emet

In my opinion ginger tablets work just as good as pepto. Pepto used to be my go to medicine of choice when nauseated, but I hated the side-effect of constipation. It also turns your stool almost black which bothers me too. I feel like ginger does the same job equally well without the side-effect. The spiciness of the ginger even gives you a nice little warming sensation in your belly that feels good. Kind of like the feeling you get after sipping warm tea. It lets you know that it's working. Since I've started ginger I barely even touch my Pepto tablets anymore since it's pretty much unnecessary. On top of that, ginger is 100% natural and it's cheap.

Mooki, what kind of tablets do you take? I have only the ginger gum and while its effective, its very expensive!! Thanks!