Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone here just love high risk foods?

By high-risk, I mean foods that could cause food poisoning. I love seafood like lobster and crab. I love medium-rare steak and when I was in Spain a few years ago and I ate Octopus. Does anyone else enjoy high-risk foods?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Anyone here just love high risk foods?

Oh yes. Seafood, sushi, I eat my steaks medium rare. Um... what else. OH ,I eat at buffets! I'm a terrible emet, lol.
    Come visit my history blog:

oh my god yes. sushi is my favourite food, and i scoff prawns, even ones that have come from the supermarket

i'm also terrible (by emet standards anyway) with washing my hands
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Oh Skittles, I forgot prawns, they deserve a specific mention. Australian prawns are the GREATEST, we're so lucky with seafood here

I'm also really bad with hand washing by most people here's standards!
    Come visit my history blog:

I do not like seafood as it is just gross... well apart from fish, I mean more along the lines of things in shells, but I do love eating my steaks rare! Yummy!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

I love, love, LOVE seafood. I seriously could eat it every day. Shrimp and prawns especially. Now I'm hungry...lol.

Yep! I sometimes have to back off the group to keep from 'catching' emet habits. I love sushi and trying any new foods. I'm only a normal handwasher (bathrooms and before meh, most meals), I also touch my face CONSTANTLY. Actually, I twirl my hair and rub it across my lips. LOL. I'm a bit antsier about the flu in season, but it usually only crosses my mind in public bathrooms or something. Even working in kids' mouths all day, I don't worry about it too often. My phobia seems to stick to when I don't feel well, until I feel better. I've never picked something up off of the ground and flipped shit about it for days. I'll get dizzy/queasy for a few minutes every few days and that will trip me, but once the feeling's gone I stop thinking about it.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I have a habit of eating that delicious, irresistable raw chocolate-chip cookie dough!

Oooohhhh, raw cookie dough! Yes! The only things that I crave but don't eat are salads out-- and I will admit a small part of that is because I worry about fp... but the main reason is that if I eat salad, I am GUARANTEED to have an IBS attack. No question. And I know that when my stomach feels yucky, I panic, so it's just not worth it to me. I also love water with LOTS of lemons but don't get that out anymore. I buy lemons and clean them at home, then put them in my water at home.

Ya sushi is one of my favorites!

Mmmmmmmm Sushi!!! I am of the opinion that if it's the good stuff from a high quality place my food poisoning chances are pretty low or no more than they are with any other type of restaurant food. And if it's not the good stuff....well then it really isn't worth eating anyway (i hate boring grocery store sushi..it doest taste half as good and still costs a small fortune!!)
    I eat take home from our grocery store buffet though...and lord knows that probably isn't emet friendly!! Although I confess to sometimes microwaving the bejesus out of it when I get home and my anxiety is a little high which probably ruins the taste a bit...

Ohh yes! I love sushi, love fast food (I kno gross) , love seafood! I also like steak but I don't see it as high risk even tho I eat it med rare. I just love eating out in general.

haha kaydee, have to agree, aussie prawns are awesome
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

I would love to try an authentic ceviche one day as I hear it is amazing, but I'm paranoid about eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by mooki View Post
    I would love to try an authentic ceviche one day as I hear it is amazing, but I'm paranoid about eating it.
    Civiche is amazing! I was taught to cook it by a salvadorian woman and it is seriously one of my fav things. I can send u the recipe if u want to make it urself! I have also eaten civiche in Mexico at a resort and mine was better heheh !

I love sushi and chinese buffets, and my handwashing is about a 7 outta 10 lol It's refreshing to know I'm not the only "bad emet''

I love high risk foods, chicken, pork, burgers, sausages, but i've tried cut them from my diet now in case they make me ill