Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What have you done today in spite of emet?

Today, I ate at a buffet!!

I exercised and ate lunch even though I didn't really want to.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good luck with your interview, Joe! I have my fingers crossed for you!

Great job, everyone!

Shared cigarettes and food.
    "Free speech is like money, some just have a lot more of it than others"

Formerly GuitarFreak

That's fantastic, Mr. Parker!

Today, I did not walk out and actually ate my food at a restaurant after a man sitting behind me was making really loud burping/v noises. Fortunately, he left before my food arrived. He was not sick. He was just one of those gross people. He also peed his seat at the table.

Great thread today I ate fish and chips (FISH!) at a restaurant.

Yay! WTG!!!!!!

I love reading how everyone is pushing themselves in spite of this phobia . I went to a Super Bowl get together last night (complete with 4 kids!). Didn't panic til after I got home lol. Also didn't leave early!

My teacher this morning (who I have class with again in an hour) told me she had 'food poisoning' this weekend but I'm still going to try eating dinner before going to class.
    Also, I walked through the children education lab building (which I don't like because I have this fear of large groups of kids carrying lots of noro...) today because it's on my way and I decided it was too cold not to. Tomorrow I want to try actually touching the door going in...

Good job!!!!!!

Yesterday, I renewed my daughter's dance classes even though they are all young kids and it is noro season. I am also learning to distinguish the v cough from a regular cough and panicking less instead of worrying every cough will lead to v - which is neither rational nor likely.

Today I had a neat experience. I got to go "crane riding" from a very high platform. This is nothing new for me, but for some of my friends, it was the first time ever in the basket. I could feel their anxiety, and I thought about my past anxiety. The ride was very smooth and all of my friends had a great sense of accomplishment when they were safely down and had got to see this amazing view; in spite of the anxiety beforehand.

Here's a short video of the crane riding today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4om-uGWjpB0

Sorry about the wind noise. It was brutally cold and the wind was miserable.

Sincerely,
    David

OMG! I thought I had totally conquered my fear of heights, but I don't think I could do that. That looks unbelievably scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    OMG! I thought I had totally conquered my fear of heights, but I don't think I could do that. That looks unbelievably scary to me.
    Grace, like most things - the thouhts of riding it are far worse than the ride its self! The basket has high sides, no way to fall out.

Today, I let my boyfriend comfort me during a panic attack. Usually I bottle it up and hide, but I let him in and now I feel amazing
    I ate more McDonalds today!
    I also haven't washed my hands much either.

WTG! That's fantastic!

My fear is the cable breaking or them slamming me into a building. It's irrational, but fear often is. Hey, I'm functional. I'm going where I need to go, getting done what I need to get done and living my life without the intense fear I once had. It's okay, it's not 100% gone.

Reading this makes me happy I just signed up today after many months of just reading. I am petrified by the posts on the members only section. Its not helping me at all by reading them. But this is a good thread xxx

I went to a play centre yesterday and didn't wipe my son's hands before he had a biscuit:-0

Today was a biggie! Hosted a Valentines party for my daughter's 3 yr old preschool class! This included snack, play, stories, and lots of hugs from little ones . I had some stomach issues at the very end, but I made it through the party and enjoyed it. I would NOT have done this 2-3 months ago... I got so bad that I wouldn't even go in to pick her up (went through "car-line"). So... I'm proud of myself today-- faced some big emet fears: kiddos AND a crowd!

That's fantastic! WTG!

I licked a guy's face

Youre going to judge me seriously about this, and you have every right to as its disgusting, but anyway, Ive been trying to think what I did a bit risky and the most risky thing I can think of is yesterday the naughty cat stole some of my breakfast when I was tidying up a pile of mags and breakkie was on the arm of the sofa. And after I chased her away, I couldnt be bothered making some more so I ate it anyway! (I told you it was gross). Anyway that was yesterday and I feel fine today, and will feel fine tomorrow (I'll let you know if I actually DONT so you can all rightfully scold me as it is rather nasty sharing your breakkie with a cat, but she wasnt invited). Although it is gross and I feel ashamed admitting it, at least it shows that you can get to a really good stage where you dont worry so much about all the germs as you might have taken the small steps and risks and gained confidence that it can be more challenging than we all believe sometimes, catching germs! Sorry for being disgusting people, please feel free to ridicule me XXX

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    Today was a biggie! Hosted a Valentines party for my daughter's 3 yr old preschool class! This included snack, play, stories, and lots of hugs from little ones . I had some stomach issues at the very end, but I made it through the party and enjoyed it. I would NOT have done this 2-3 months ago... I got so bad that I wouldn't even go in to pick her up (went through "car-line"). So... I'm proud of myself today-- faced some big emet fears: kiddos AND a crowd!
    Youre my hero. Thats totally brave. Im rather petrified of kids. They are spontaneous, especially with *it*. Well done!!!

Haha, thanks, Mischief I could have NEVER done that a few months ago. I would barely leave my house! I finally realized when I discovered I couldn't afford therapy right now, that I'd better get my a** in gear... and get out there! Scary! But I'm proud of my small steps.

Today (actually, just a few minutes ago), I ate Papa John's pizza. And quite a bit of it It was my "cheat meal" this week (usually try to eat really clean but a girl's gotta cheat now and then!). I already have heartburn-- yuck-- but I'm hoping I won't regret my decision later. I rarely, if ever, eat out... So, that's my "in spite of emet" today.

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    Haha, thanks, Mischief I could have NEVER done that a few months ago. I would barely leave my house! I finally realized when I discovered I couldn't afford therapy right now, that I'd better get my a** in gear... and get out there! Scary! But I'm proud of my small steps.

Today (actually, just a few minutes ago), I ate Papa John's pizza. And quite a bit of it It was my "cheat meal" this week (usually try to eat really clean but a girl's gotta cheat now and then!). I already have heartburn-- yuck-- but I'm hoping I won't regret my decision later. I rarely, if ever, eat out... So, that's my "in spite of emet" today.
    Well done! See, we are all the same and yet so different; Im fine with food now though there was a time I lost a lot of weight, I could only really force feed myself a piece of toast a day and couldnt even face drinking cold water, it had to be slightly warmed. And Ive always been a podgy girl and loved my food so it was a really weird time for me. Im now fine with food and love cooking so am slightly rolly polly, but for me its the kids that freak me out. And if I was invited to a night out in town or something. I would pay my dues and leg it as soon as it was deemed not rude anymore! So we are all at different stages, but its so uplifting reading other's successes and trying to offer support. I feel better just knowing there are others out there (although I knew it really, knew it was a "popular" phobia, haha) its nice to hear from real people like me. What did I do today that stuck two's up at V....um...not sure. I had sausages and roast veg for tea, and then some cookies my partner made, and theyre enough to make any one V I tell thee (lol just kidding, im so mean to my poor man) XXX

had the least anxious little trip out i've had in months today barely any panic and if i felt something come on i quickly reassured myself. Then I watched one born every minute and it had some suddent vomiting and I didn't even flinch or really take notice til my mum said "see beth, you're doing really well, she just threw up and you didn't freak, well done!" a-fucking-complishment

I have eaten out twice in the last two days!!! That is a record for me!

I ate a burger out with my mum yesterday, and a little boy on the table next to us had a really bad coughing fit, and although I was scared he would make himself ill and couldnt look at him, I didnt ask if we could move and braved it out. He kept coughing for ages and they were trying to make him drink and eat to get rid of the tickle but it was really persistent - but I stayed put! He wasnt sick in the end and then after a while they left, and I although I was finally then able to relax I felt really brave for not running away from the risk!!! Hooray!

Today I took a risk: we had buttermilk that expired today, but has also been opened for two weeks....I did some research on the buttermilk and almost threw it out but I took the chance and cooked our pancakes anyway. Hooray. I also made myself go about munday an didn't freak about it

I let my daughter go to her Sunday school class, even though I was terrified of the germs she might catch!