Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi!

I just joined this online group, and I have emetophobia. I'm looking into hypnotherapy, but I've found online offers for CD's or tapes that promise to help a person deal with and eliminate bad feelings relating to a phobia and replacing them with more neutral connections in order to 'cure' the phobia. Has anyone had experience with this kind of self-therapy?

Here's a link:

http://www.changethatsrightnow.com/e....asp?SDID=446: 1526

Hope to hear back from a lot of you guys!

-LM

Hi~ Welcome to our family! Hmm...I've never taken any kind of therapy before ^^ so i'm not sure but i think some people dont recommend that site. Looks tempting but can they really cure someone in so little time..? Ah i guess i dont know what i'm saying..sorry. Well I hope you like the site.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

i used the richard bandler hypnotherapy/nlp cd for my emet, it didnt work for me altho probly bcos im not patient enuff, the cd is 45 minutes long n u really have to stick at it to get results xxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Hi, my name is Vicky, i have tried lots of things to help combat this and i have found hypnotherapy really good, i was taught self hypnosis which really comes in handy. The key is to find someone that is good! Ive been to various people and eventaully came across someone who also did regression and he took me back to where this all started. I was 5 and a friend of mine was sick in the sandpit at school infront of me. I honestly hadnt thought about it until that point and nowi only vaguely remember it but it has had an effect on my whole life!

The herbalrescue remedy is a life saver too, i never go anywhere without it and also the calm herbal tablets sit by my bed. I think its probably half psycological that it calms me but i does the trick!!!

Hope this helps a bit anyways!

These tapes/CDs and online or phone therapy offers are mainly scams, so be careful. Try anything you like, risk whatever you wish, but just don't give up on either yourself or "therapy" after trying one of these things and having it not work.

There are legitimate people out there who can really help. Unfortunately, there's no justice in this world and you get what you pay for...often the best way to a cure is with a clinical psychologist whom you trust and feel safe with. In Canada they cost $140/hour, and I'd venture to say that 100 hours would really do the trick. GAK - do THAT math! The way I look at it, it's still cheaper than a car...and I'd rather have my sanity than a car, which is why I paid and still pay.

The good news is that some psychiatrists are excellent, but you have to REALLY look, screen, and WAIT. In Canada psychiatry is free, but you need someone who does psychotherapy as opposed to just drug treatment.

But don't despair. If you screen therapists well and are willing to wait, the state or subsidized ones are often very good. It all depends on the therapist.

But if you're a rich person reading this, go for the very best...and take a long time researching, interviewing and being picky. It's your whole life at stake.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have found a good, free online panic and anxiety program. It is not geared specifically towards emetophobia though, more towards panic disorder and agoraphobia. The address is www.paniccenter.net. They have a 12 week program, with homework to do and diary entries to keep track of your progress. I'm at week four, and it is very much like the CBT I am currently in, recognizing anxiety, challenging anxious thoughts, graduated exposure therapy. I'll let you know if the following weeks are good as well. You can use it with or without a therapist, and it's free, no scams or anything.

Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom. - Marilyn Ferguson

Habituation always defeats fear. - Edmund Bourne

[/QUOTE]

[The herbalrescue remedy is a life saver too, i never go anywhere without it and also the calm herbal tablets sit by my bed. I think its probably half psycological that it calms me but i does the trick!!!]

[/QUOTE]

Hi was wondering what the herbal tablets are?? is there a web site to find these?

I am willing to do anything.......ty bunches

Kel,

Any program that's free is "scam-free" also. So well worth trying. Sounds good.

Tayntenhalo: it looks like your post is in the wrong thread - try starting a new thread under "general discussion"
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.