Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

when it becomes absolutely impossible to live with this phobia. i want to cry my eyes out and just wish all of this away. ive been given antibiotics for kidney problems - the side effects include nausea and vomiting - and they're in the common side effects section. im so scared if i dont take them i'll be sick with whatever is wrong with me but im too scared to take them incase they make me sick. oh god ( i dont think i can cope.
    any advice or wise words, please?
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Take them. Every single medication I've taken (including the birthcontrol I take EVERYDAY!) has those side effects, they have to put those on there because a small small SMALL percentage of people get them.

.I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

but wat if im part of that percentage ( i cant do this anymore...
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

What antibiotics are you on? I am on antibitotics for a kidney infection right now too. All antibiotics have nausea and vomiting as the side effects. But you need to take them to get rid of the infection, otherwise it will just get worse. Don't worry, people rarely vomit from antibiotcs, just take them with some crackers or bread, that's what I do. In fact, my antibiocs that I am on now made me a little queasy the first 2 days, then your body gets used to the drug in your system, and you don't even notice. Just take it, you will be fine I promise. It's better to take them than to wind up in the hospital with an nasty infection!!
    That which does not kill us only makes us stronger.

Seriously, they have to put that on there to cover their behinds IN CASE in does happen. Most of those sode effects them list dont usually happen. If you are afraid of it making you sick, call your doctor and ask if they can prescribe some anti-nausea meds to take with it. Think of things this way too, if you dont take this medication to make you feel better, your condition could progress to the point where it makes you feel nauseaous ............... Please try not to be afraid and take your meds, I understand how you feel I am funny about meds too, but when it has to be done, it had to be done.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I can totally understand how you are feeling, but unless you are allergic to a certain drug in them like penicillin (like me) there should be no harm at all!

I havnt taken a course of anti-biotics since I was a baby because I was too scared of the side effects but sometimes you just have to! Think positive-tell yourself you won't be sick-they are going to make you better not worse.

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

i would usualy take them too except my anxiety is realy bad at the moment and i cant stop relivin the story that myfriend told me last week about her being up all night being sick bcos of the anti biotic side effect - i dont know what to do, i really dont, i just want someone to help me cos i seriously dont think i can do this anymore, ive been from therapist to therapist an nothing is helpin me, im too afraid to take anti anxiety stuff bcos of their side effects, i just, i dont know, i guess im just done with all of this, thanx 4 ur support x

hun, it kills me to hear you like this. Remember everything you said to me last night? Now whose being negative?!!! I have taken so many antibiotics lately for sinus infections, and ive been scared, but also scared to not take them. Taking them with some food is a good idea, then they are less lkely to irritate your stomach. You should take your anxiety meds, you know they will help you n the long run. Personally i have never known anyone feel sick or even be sick while on antibiotics or any other tablets. Ill be on msn as soon as it lets me lol!!!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Don't be afraid, IF they make you a little queasy than at least you will know why. My dd just was taking a z-pack for strep and the 5 days she took them she felt queasy for a while but she was OK with it cause she knew that it was from the meds and she did't feel any worse and just waited for it to go away. I think you will be fine, I have never heard of V*** from antibiotics though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanx guys - just one more question - those of u with ibs - do u find when ur anxety is bad u have a persistant stitch that just wont go?

My IBS is always horrible with the anxiety. I actually think that is what started it. I never had it until my emet started getting really bad about 4 years ago.

You could actually get sicker from the infection not getting treated instead of the actual antibiotics. I agree that calling your doctor to see if an antiemetic could be called in so that you could take your antibiotics. Also take them with food--that should help alot. I agree with everyone else--just a small percentage of people actually have the side effects listed, its just that if they didn't list them, the pharmaceutical company could be sued!

Hope you feel better!

Jess

ok i HIGHLY doubt that you will get sick from the antibiotics...but,
    remmeber the last time you were sick and how you handled it AMAZINGLY
    think about that and that should help with your anxiety and than you will
    have no problem because i highly doubt the antibiotic would do anything
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123