Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone from southwest Florida??

Just wondering if there is anyone from around here where I just moved. I'm from upstate NY, moved here a couple months ago. My son as a sv* and I called my pediatrics nurse on call back in NY and she said that what is going around there is lasting more like 5 days instead of the usual 24-48 hour bug that goes around... So I am just wondering if anyone from the area I'm in now know if it is similar here. Also if you know what this sick season is like here since it is a different climate..

Default Re: Anyone from southwest Florida??

Is he under five? he could have rotavirus instead of regular sv. I hope he's feeling better now. How are you doing?

He is under five... but he only v*d four times this morning and nothing since.. no d*... which I think d* is a pretty major symptom of rotavirus. He certainly seems like he is doing better and has held down everything I've given him... but he's been like that before with sv's... the first one he had... he v* a couple times in the morning then nothing until the middle of the night... it went on, on and off like that for 10 days (which I'm told can happen with small children... most traumatic sv experience ever as my daughter had it for a couple days before that, so I had sick kids in the house for like half a month).... the next one he had, he v*d a tiny bit after dinner, then again a tiny bit the following afternoon.. he never had d* with that one... But then dh caught it from him and had it a lot worse. So I won't consider myself in the clear with this until everyone has been symptom free for like a week.

I still feel fine so that's good. I am going nuts though with bleaching and washing hands. I have a pot of bleach water I keep refreshing in the sink that I dunk my hands him before I wash them (just for good measure.. the bleach bucket is there for me to continually bleach anything I see him touch)... and I have been washing my hands after I touch anything that I am not 100% sure is clean on... I have even been washing my hands after I wash them because I think I didn't do good enough... so yeah, basically I'm going nuts... just want this to be over!

Hi Ashleen, I have lived in central florida since 1989. I have not heard of any outbreaks here. I have never had an sv since living here. I don't hear about outbreaks too often and
    when I do, 9 times out of 10 it's a cruise ship. Obviously you can get a sv anywhere, but I think the sick season here is lighter and shorter. I hope your little one stays on the mend.

Thanks! I was hoping it was better down here because of the warm weather!.. And yes I hope he stays on the mend too!