Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Would like some insight!

I have been hearing more people talking about having a cold with *v, now I always though a cold and *s bug where different viruses but this has concerned me a little and now everything I feel a cold coming I panic!

So are these people just having a cold and may be the sickly types or is here a new bug mutating that can cause both?! Really quite confused right now and having more panic attacks because of it!

I'm hoping I'm just being a but paranoid!

Any thoughts?!

Ooops just had a sneezing attack (could be hayfever I guess!)

Default Re: Would like some insight!

I've never heard of that or experienced it. It could be that their systems are down so they are catching a sv* on top of the cold OR they actually have the flu which can cause v*. Perhaps the cold was so bad that they coughed enough to v*? The only gastro thing that I know of that has cold type symptoms is Roto, which adults rarely catch so I doubt that's what you are hearing about. I wouldn't worry, people say all sorts of things to make it seem that they were SO ill. Exaggeration goes hand in hand with sickness, I honestly don't think that there is such a thing. You're ok!

Hey Lindsey, you're in Coventry! I'm Leicester

Back to the topic, I've had friends tell me this before too and now every time I get a cold, I panic! I've Googled it but haven't found the two related. I think it may be more like Syrup says, they have a cold so their immune system is down which leads to them catching other things.. I hope anyway. I can't fear colds as well!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for your comments, I know your right as I've always been more succeptible to colds than *sv just started to worry me!

Lauren, good to find someone close by, makes me feel less alone if that makes sense?!

Yip, I second what Syrup said!

I agree with Syrup
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.