Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you even remember how it feels to v*?

(not that i wanna or anything), but i actually don't! maybe that's part of what scares me
    i also worry that i'm not even able to v* should i absluteyl have to! it's hard to tell how close i've come to v* without actually v* because the steps can vary! I really absolutel try to stop myself so hard, as if it's really so terrible if I did do it. I wish i could stop that so much
    i know someone whos unable to v* even when he really has to!- he's not an emet

Default Re: Do you even remember how it feels to v*?

Unfortunately, i do remember-- too vividly. It is like a flashback or something?! I have a friend that can't v* due to a surgical procedure, and I'm not gonna lie-- I grilled him about it-- thought it sounded like a "good idea"... he assured me it was not. He feels full and icky a lot due to the fact that he can't really burp, either.
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne

I get flashbacks, it's awful,

I can stop it... When it's about to happen... I managed to stop it twice (the last two ocassions they counted anyway as a v*).

*warning too graphic*

because the feelings are the same, even the...sensation when n* becomes the preceding burp before the noise is heard right before the instant v*

But I was able to stop it, though the air that came up -because it was only air with too much pressure- was... uhm... like the v*...

*end of warning*

I still don't know how was I able to do it... But I could, I was even in the bathroom somehow knowing that was going to happen... But I repeat: the sensations are the same. And the relief to mi s*ness was as well the same, just like if I had v*d after all...

No.

I think really hard I can visualise a time when I vomited quite clearly. I remember feeling quite powerless and the feeling of not being able to breathe while doing it. I also remember my throat and esophagus intensely burning for a few minutes afterwards. But through all that I do remember feeling instant relief of the nausea which was a good thing.

Yes and it's actually a good thing for me because I can differentiate between "run of the mill nausea" and the 'real' nausea caused by sickness. That intense feeling you get in your gut, I don't know how anyone can stop the v* cause for me it's like a runaway freight train...there's not stopping that!

I do remember, and it eases the anxiety. I know real vs anxierty nausea, like thi5ux mentioned. I also know that after I vomit the nausea is gone, so I feel sooooo much better!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think this is the main issue about my emet, I just need to realise/know that v* isn't the worst possible thing in face there are a LOT worse things ie worse injuries, I really convinced myself to v* was the worst thing ever tho I think I'm better with emet than I was.

Oh I forgot to mention, some things I DO remember from being sick was obviously the feeling of not being able to breathe (which I'm starting to think is my root phobia, because I have phobias of being underwater and being in crowds (because once, one crushed me and I couldn't breathe)), but also after the last time I was sick I could taste an iron-y taste on both sides of the far back of my mouth, in very specific places, although mirrored places within my mouth. It didn't taste downright like blood, but it did have a hint of metal. I obviously presume it's due to acid irritation.

I had an sv* last summer and I didn't v*, but I remember I was so close to it. It was before I was truly emet so I really know what it was like, even without the anxiety.

WARNING; VIVID....

Well I had just woken up from a nap. I opened my eyes and I felt amazing! Then BAM, instant nausea. I got this tingling feeling right behind my jaw and my mouth started salivating like crazy. Then I could feel my stomach spazming just a bit and I could feel my stomach contents creeping upwards. But I held really still and I took one deep breath and held it in..... And it stopped. I didn't v* and I felt perfectly fine afterwards. But trust me, if you're going to get sick, you'll know. I knew instantly.

Unfortunately yes . I get this feeling of hotness going through my body, then i get really dizzy, my heart pounds, and then the V* commences... Its also what I get when I have a panic attack, minus the vomitting. It sucks

Yes, and I guess I am different from everyone here as it doesn't really bother me. In fact, v* is better than d* in my opinion as it makes you feel SO MUCH BETTER afterwards, d* leaves me still feeling ill. D* also leaves me with other discomforts that v* doesn't. I don't like the feeling, but it doesn't scare me either. My fear is COMPLETELY wrapped up in my kids being sick.

It's been a long time for me (see my signature) but I remember enough about it to know that I don't ever want to do it again. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Yes, and I guess I am different from everyone here as it doesn't really bother me. In fact, v* is better than d* in my opinion as it makes you feel SO MUCH BETTER afterwards, d* leaves me still feeling ill. D* also leaves me with other discomforts that v* doesn't. I don't like the feeling, but it doesn't scare me either. My fear is COMPLETELY wrapped up in my kids being sick.
    Unless its possible to get throat hemorrhoids!

I got sick in February this year last. It was not norovirus or food related, but medicinal, and while I had a sinus infection. Somehow that made doing it less of a bugger.
    Life is so worth living.