Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Dissolvable zofran?

So I had my first appointment with my new doctor, he is absolutely amazing! He was soooo understanding of my phobia and I explained to him that I wont abuse them, if I just had anti emetics on hand in the event I were to get a SV, I'd feel so much better going about my life. I also told him that I have a phobia of choking (big baby, lol) so he prescribed me zofran odt (dissolvable zofran) and gave me a year supply of thirty a month.

My question is has anybody tried dissolvable? The pharmacist told me that I'm not supposed to swallow it, just place it under my tongue and it works FAST. I want to know if this is true. Not that I think she's lying but fast to an emet is completely different than to a non emet.

Default Re: Dissolvable zofran?

Hi, I have been given dissolvable zofran before for two of my past sicknesses. 4mg, to be specific! They worked very well for me and they worked pretty fast. Within 20 minutes I went from feeling nauseous and not able to think about food to wanting Wendys!! Lol. Sometimes though it took longer than 20, but at most, it took 30-40 for me.

It dissolves pretty fast as well. Doesn't taste like much, just somewhat fizzy. I think it's great and I love it for when I feel sick. Everything in moderation, though, as you said! If I had that much zofran, I personally may start to rely on it, and I think that'd really lessen the desired effect over time (if that makes any sense? :/) Just keep that confidence you have now

Definitely no worries for the zofran overall though. I've had nothing but happy experiences with it. I'm so happy for you about your doctor too!! xo
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks, real deal!

I was worried no one would answer lol! I've heard that it causes a bad headache. Did it for you?

I used the dissolvable zofran when I was having bad morning sickness. It dissolves very fast and stops the v quickly.

I did get headaches with it, an alsoterrible constipation (but I doubt that would be a problem if I had a sv....lol). I was using it daily for weeks, though. I imagine if you were just using them when you had a sv, the side effects would not be as troubling, though.

Thanks for answering, Mamacat!
    yes, I made a promise to him and to myself that I won't take them for anxiety nausea. I don't want it to be my coping technique. I want to recover from this not just sweep it under the rug. But the thing I always thing about is getting a stomach virus and being as sick as I was when I developed my phobia. It was twelve years ago and I still have flashbacks...it was absolute hell. Just knowing they're there in the event I do get sick makes me feel so much better. I have read so many people saying that everyone in their family caught a bug but the person didn't vomit, despite feeling like crap, because s/he had zofran. I know it's still a possibility for it to happen but I'd much rather it happen once or twice than for it to be all night long, every couple of minutes, like it happened when I became emet.

I have heard the headache thing too, but personally, I have never gotten a headache while taking it
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm getting a new doctor and I'm thinking about asking for an anti-emetic, perferably dissolvable zofran, as that's what i had when i was in the hopsital and it worked wonders, but i'm really scared of getting said no to, then what would i do a lot of people don't understand emet.

Hope it's ok to ask a related question here? I got a prescription for ondansetron today, and the doctor looked at the dose for chemotherapy induced nausea and gave me 8 mg tablets. Is that a correct dose, or is it maybe enough with half a tablet?

My gastro gave me the dissolvable Zofran last week. Luckily I have not had to use it yet. But I feel better just having it if needed. Usually, I use Nauzene and that works for me.

I have the 8mg dissolvable zofran and I take them with me everywhere. They do give me a headache at least 50% of the time and constipation but I try to deal with that as it comes. Advil, stool softeners.