Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Possible Exposure! Help!

So my dad called today to cancel Father's Day plans because he has the stomach bug, I'm pretty sure he's referring to diarrhea. I am freaking out. I hung out with him all Friday and drove his car 2 hours there and 2 hours back for a banquet where we are together. So its been about 38 hours since I've been around him. I'm so scared. Is there any chance I could have gotten something from him 38 hours ago? Or that we were exposed to the same thing? Please help!!

Default Re: Possible Exposure! Help!

If he wasn't showing symptoms back then then I doubt he was contagious, I'm pretty sure that if he was infected then and that if had been infected as well you would also be showing symptons as well by now, don't worry you'll be fine.

No, you're fine. Most sv* symptoms appear 6-24 hours after exposure. I always start to feel symptoms pretty quickly. It's something he picked up yesterday, if it even is a sv*. If it's diarrhea it could be from anything, something he ate, a mild irritant or even IBS. You are 100% fine!

If he didn't have d* or was v*ing before you were with him, you are definitely fine the contagious bacteria comes from feces or v*

I think you have to be around him after he was sick. You should be fine.