Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My first REAL triumph!

I love the thought of going on holiday but the flight plus being away from home always scares me. However, I managed a 23 hour flight to Australia, spent two weeks there alone and a 26 hour flight back!! I should have been there for six months but unfortunately had to cut my trip short

Not only that, I ate plane food, endured two tummy upsets (stress related, I think), six anxiety attacks on my flight home and I survived.

This has definitely been the hardest time I've had to deal with since becoming an emet but I did it and I'm still here to tell the tale (just ).

I just want everybody to know that you CAN do anything you want if you put your mind to it. While it might be a scary experience, you will get through it and come out the other side a stronger person. Even when times seem bleak, remember nothing lasts forever and the more you push on, the better you become.

I believe every single one of us is capable of beating this thing!!
    “Self confidence is the most attractive quality a person can have. how can anyone see how awesome you are if you can’t see it yourself?”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: My first REAL triumph!

Congratulations, Lauren!
    That is a huge accomplishment! I would love to do another trip to London sometime in the future because we had such an amazing time. I did ok but I'm so scared to risk the 13 hour flight again-it was pretty tough the first time and my anxiety is a bit worse than it was a few years ago.
    I hope your trip to Austrailia was everything you wanted it to be
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Default Re: My first REAL triumph!

congratulations
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.