Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! Antiemetic Query?

Hello, my query is this;

I've been taking the Antiemetic Promethazine Teoclate 25mg, brand name "Avomine" (like Phenergan but stronger) for nearly a year. I was prescribed it for morning sickness when I was in my first trimester of pregnancy. I was told I could take up to 4 a day if needed and that it was safe to use in pregnancy. The problem is I'm still using it for nausea and I gave birth 6 months ago. I'm only taking one a day and some days I don't take any at all. I'm worried that I could be doing myself some damage by taking it for nearly a year now.

Would just like to have a little advice or given more knowledge on this.
    "Hold your breath, count to 10. Fall apart and start again."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Help! Antiemetic Query?

Hi, it depends on how often you are taking it. If you are taking it every day or many times a day, then I would definitely check with your doc on that. If you are taking it only occasionally, then it's probably okay. I take Compazine very occasionally, also took Phenergan during pregnancy (Godsend!!). Good luck. (Sorry, I just reread your post again. Yes, one or less and not every day is prob. okay)

Default Re: Help! Antiemetic Query?

Antiemetics are probably not meant to be taken every day. I'd suggest only taking them if you feel legitimately sick enough to vomit. Taking them as a just in case kind of thing (I'm not sure that's what you're doing so if you do legitimately feel sick every day, talk to your dr. about it) isn't helping at all
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.