Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Please help me

Default Please help me

I haven't been on in a while but I honestly think i'm going to be sick, never felt so close in my life im freaking out please someone help me
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Default Re: Please help me

Hey Jessica!

What are you feeling hun? Have you tried sucking on some peppermints or running your wrists under cold water?

Extremely sick and I keep feeling like its about to happen Im sucking a mint and I have some ginger ale but its not helping, oh god help me
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

How are you now??
    M I D N I G H T

Getting worse, I feel like it's going to happen

Try running your wrists under cold water. Also take deep breaths! You can get through this! How are you doing?

Also press the inside of your wrists, three finger lengths from the bottom of your hand...there's a pressure point there that helps with n*

Thank you I will try that, I still feel absolutely terrible

I'm so sorry! Are you feeling ANY better? If so, I'd try drinking some tea if you have some (preferably peppermint or anise). Try distracting yourself with something fun! Don't worry you'll get through this! Let us know how you're feeling!

I have been worrying and feel sick all day, is it possible that anxiety has got me so worked up I feel like im going to be sick? Im not feeling any better though Thank you so much for the replies, it really helps!

It could be! I've definitely had days like that. Did you eat anything you think may have done it? Another thing that seems to trigger days like that for me is when I'm near getting my period. Sometimes it causes me to be extra anxious and when that happens I hone in on what I"m most scared of (v*) and other times it actually causes my IBS to act up and make me feel sick. What I do to try to determine between anxiety and real sickness is to think of a favorite food...if it makes me feel worse, then I consider it more sickness...if it doesn't do anything I know it's anxiety and I can calm myself down a little

God im so scared I've just got back off a holiday but I was so careful that I doubt anything could have done it, and im so hygienic all the time I don't understand! Im getting a massive lump in my throat now cause of the anxiety which is making it ten times worse I have managed to eat today so surely it can't be anything right? :/

I do this to myself all the time. Worrying all day will no doubt make you feel sick, then you start to worry cause you feel sick, then you get a tight throat and start worrying about that etc etc... It's a horrible cycle to get stuck in. From reading your posts I don't believe you are sick, it sounds like you have worked yourself up so much you are panicking or close to it. Try breathing in for 7 seconds and out for 11 seconds. Do this for about two mins, it can really help you calm down.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

It sounds to me like it's anxiety more than anything. Is there anything you can do that will help take your mind off of it? Reading, watching a show, playing a game, taking a walk (this one helps me when I'm out in the fresh air). IS there anything that you can just escape into that will allow you to take your mind completely off of this? I know it's hard and I know you're scared! I've been there! Just keep taking deep breaths (concentrate on the sound of your breathing) and try to make your body relax. It'll pass! I promise!

Hey, you feeling any better today?
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Hugs How are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Hey, how are you doing now? I know when I feel like I'm extremely close in the middle of the night (usually indigestion/heartburn from over-indulging in poor food choices) I get up, kneel in front of the fan, and press that pressure point on my wrist like another poster had mentioned. I breathe in and out and sometimes press so hard when I feel a big wave of n* come over me that sometimes I leave a light fingernail mark (bad I know, but it will fade). After a little bit of that, the frightening feeling of being so close usually fades and I can go back to bed. I hope your n* went away.