Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panicking!!

Unhappy Panicking!!

I have just taken 2 penicillin for tonsillitis, after an unseccessful chat with the doctor about emet, who basically told me to get on with it.

I am going to panic for hours now.

Default Re: Panicking!!

Please try not to panic, I know this can be easier said than done, but panicking will make you feel ill/sick. How often do you have to take them?

From personal experience, the one and only time that antibiotics have made my feel nauseaous it happened within about half an hour of taking the tablets, I guess this must have been when the tablet was dissolving in my stomach, but then eased off after about an hour and was much easier to deal with.

Make sure to take them just as instructed to by your doctor i.e. if it says to take them on an empty stomach, make sure to take them on an empty stomach to minimise any possible side effects. You don't know that you are going to feel ill from them (a majority of people don't get any side effects at all), it might be a complete walk in the park and you will look back and think "Why, did I worry so much?". You could take probiotics whilst you are taking the pills to minimise the chance of getting an upset stomach, to replace all the lost bacteria in your digestive tract. If you do feel a little queezy make sure to drink plenty of water, ginger ale, flat coke or peppermint tea to help settle it. Crackers and ginger nut biscuits are also great when you have an iffy stomach as well. Most importantly though, try not to think about it, try and distract your mind with something like a funny film/TV show, a good book or game or anything else that you enjoy doing.

Hope your throat feels better soon!
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Default Re: Panicking!!

Thanks, so far so good. Due to eat now, so a little nervous again. I take 2 x 250 ml 4 times a day.