Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panic Attack! Fear I was exposed!

Ok. I know it could have been a number of things. I went to the gym yesterday and as I was walking toward the cardio area I noticed wet floor signs but the floor wasn't wet. I was fumbling through my bag for my ear buds. I passed a cleanup cart and I started to freak out. I went to a treadmill far in the corner. I tried my hardest to stay focused but I couldn't. I lasted about 10 minutes. I grabbed my stuff and headed upstairs and had to pass the cleanup cart. All I could think about while I was working out was that somebody V there and I don't know what caused it. I'm so uneasy about it. Today I had a cramp really bad in my right side. Felt a little off all day. Now my stomach is making noises and I'm freaking out thinking I caught something at the gym. I'm going crazy right now.

Default Re: Panic Attack! Fear I was exposed!

Breathe. Could have been cleaning floor. It it was v then prob from working out too hard or eating before a workout. Sick people do not go to the gym.

HUGS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Someone could have spilled something on the floor. I know my old gym used to allow water in the workout area.

Yeah. I've been trying really hard to rationalize the situation but its driving me crazy having it in my head. If it was V then maybe they did eat before or over hydrated. Could have been caused by supplements because I know some can amp you up and make you sick. It's just the not knowing that drives me crazy.

If somebody vomited at the gym, it is more likely to do with their personal regime than an actual sickness.

Just please calm down and know that you're most likely not sick at all.

Thanks. It's just I been feeling bad today and that thought just sticks out like a sore thumb. I tried to eat a little but it made my stomach hurt more. The pain is also I my back. I don't know what's going on but it makes me feel very uneasy. To top everything off my son fell asleep at 5. I know when my other son had SV he always fell asleep early. Ugh.. I just hate this. I feel horrid and so does my mind.

I'm not trying to p*** anyone off. I just thought this was a group of emets and I thought that when were not feeling well or having a bad time we could come here to talk to others who understands.

Huh? i don't think you're pissing anybody off hun unless I'm not reading a post?

Did you exercise while at the gym? That might be the culprit of your pain.

I don't think it was the workout that's making me feel bad. I pretty much always feel bad and I never know what's causing it. I've had severe bloating this week with bad gas pain. I think it has to do with my colon disorder. But I've taken every gas relief I can but nothing's helping. I just got really bad reflux from a drink of Gatorade. I also have chronic gastritis. But I also worry because I am literally the last woman in the family with a gallbladder. So I freak out about that too when I start to get pain.

So with all that's going on my emet is driving me insane. I don't just worry about SV. It's everything else that could possibly cause me to V. I'm seriously traumatized from a couple if weeks ago when I felt bad and had dry heaves. How I felt that day haunts me. I don't know what caused it but I know for sure I don't want to go through it again. This acid is so bad I'm scared to take a zofran.

I'm dirty. I'm just in a bad place right now. I'm sad, depressed, freaked out and stressed out. I just wish it would all go away.

Hi im an emet too
    i know exactly how you feel about the stomach pains and all
    Dont worry well i mean do worry but try to be as calm ae possible
    Take a tum and then take a zofran and have a mint or piece of gum after. Drink some ice water or have ice chips. Relax and watch a movie or play on your phone. I freaked out this morning so i know the whole cycle. Feeling off and then freaking out causing it to be worse followed by freaking out even more. And then when it goes away you just cry because its so difficult to go through this everyday. Im always here if you need anyone to talk to have a good day and stay positive

More than likely someone spilled something on the floor. Usually there is that specific smell when someone has v. Even once it has been cleaned up. Generally you don't even have to guess that someone v. Just try to relax...worse case scenario, it would've already been gone, eliminating your exposure.

I agree with ewilkins. I was going to say the same thing. There would have been a smell if it had been v*