Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default LD50 of Promethazine?

i just really need to know for somebody around 130lbs thank you

Default Re: LD50 of Promethazine?

They should see a doctor to get correct dosing.

These are not my words, but words of someone that responded to the same question on the internet crediting themselves as medical student. I figured if you're asking a public forum, this answer is as valid as anything we could say:

The LD50 of oral promethazine in mice is 255 mg/kg - that is, when mice are given this amount of oral promethazine, 50% of them die. Obviously this sort of study isn't done in humans so one makes the presumption that humans are more or less like mice when it comes to dying horribly.

If we make this assumption and if we assume you weigh 70 kgs, an LD50 dose for you would end up being 714 of the 25 mg promethazine tablets.

And just in passing, promethazine is typically prescribed for nausea and not pain. Occasionally, however, docs will prescribe it alongside a narcotic painreliever with the thought that the promethazine will augment the effects of the narcotic

also this: http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims...te%20poisoning

I think the ld50 is 55mg/kg but this is all IV
    So it would be 129 x 25mg.
    You should be able to find it out from the pharmaceutical companies that make it though. Try sending them an email.

It's a lot anyway!