Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default SV outbreak in my city!

My city is currently dealing with a noro outbreak and an e-coli outbreak, both of which involve V'ing.. Understandably, I'm a little bit stressed out.
    I go to a school with 1400+ girls aged 10-17, and I'm worried that someone will contract one of the illnesses and bring it to school.
    How can I prevent myself getting it?? I can't take any days off because exams are coming up next week..
    On top of this, I also have to catch a public bus home, and I work at a pizza shop................. so, I'm freaking out a little!

Do you have any (hopefully fool-proof) ways to prevent an SV?

Default Re: SV outbreak in my city!

Hello As long as you keep your hands clean and don't touch your face/mouth too often, you will be fine! Most of these things are mainly caught due to lack of hand washing.
    There was an outbreak when I was in school a few years ago now, well every winter was hell. Never caught a SV!

~Those painful memories are what can help us make it to tomorrow, and become stronger. That goes for everyone - every human has that power within them. Walk tall. And, I, too will keep walking tall, ever onwards!~

Kawaii is right. Hand washing, especially before eating, is key. I know it's hard to remember this when you are in panic zone, but even a really bad sv only affects about 4% of the population which with proper hygiene makes your chances of not getting it are about 96%.

I agree with the others. Also working in a pizza place should be fine - I very much doubt that anyone ill with a sv would want to eat pizza!! I work in an opticians & people seem to still attend their appointments no matter what!! Where do you live?

Brisbane, Australia... Great city, just not when there's an outbreak!
    Thanks for all your support guys. I've been having stomach cramps/nausea on and off today, but I'm not sure if that's a result of the anxiety, or something else..
    Guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Oh, I keep forgetting its winter down under! It's been 100 degrees (38) here and humid, so you tend to forget hahaha but I agree with xKawaii. Keep your hands washed and don't touch too many things and you'll be fine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hey bridget, i'm in melbourne. i read about the noro outbreak, it sounded like it was just contained to two hosiptals? or has it spread elsewhere? i'm really on edge atm, always on the lookout for sv's, it sucks like the others said, wash your hands a lot, keep away from people who are sick and you should be fine its technicaly spring now, so we're in the final stretch of sv season!
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Bridget, I live in Brisbane, too... I had no idea there was an outbreak of sv. I've got at least one exam per day next week. What exactly is happening? Is it just in the hospitals or everywhere (panic mode, activate )

Relax everyone. Remem wash hands like normal, keep out of mouth and you all should be just fine Lots of outbreaks in UK and US last winter for us and most did not get sick.

Take a close look at the numbers. The media likes to blow it out of proportion. They need a story, they need web hits, and they need ratings. I bet the numbers are not that high when you take into count the population of the city and how many are infected. Percentage I suspect is in single digits.

Kick emets a....

Haha, thanks, Claire! I am taking my son to the eye doc tomorrow for an eye infection that isn't clearing up from when we were there Tuesday. I chose to go to the eye doc rather than the regular doc because it has to be less chance of catching something else there, right?
    SAHM to S (9), T (7), and E (2) - they make it all worth it!

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Well it started off in hospitals, but I heard on the news the other day that it was spreading? I don't know too much about it, but fingers crossed everything will all be fine.