Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really gross suitemate

So I'm in college and in my suite there are 2 toilets, 2 showers, and 2 sinks to share between the 4 of us who live here. One of my suitemates (the one I share a bathroom with) has a bad habit of not flushing the toilet. And on more than one occasion I have seen her come out of the bathroom and not wash her hands. Usually it's just urine so normally I don't really care.

Well, this morning I get up to pee and there is a full bowel movement sitting in the toilet...I closed the lid and flushed, then I took a shower but I feel like this is getting excessive. AND she had the nerve to ask me if I would help her clean the bathroom sometimes. I said sure, because the request by itself isn't too much to ask, but really? How are you going to be awful at flushing and washing your hands, but you want to make me have to deal with your grossness? Ugh.. She probably only asked me that because she's never seen me cleaning. That's because I clean as I go so I don't have to break my back scrubbing the shower when it's time for room inspections.

And if all that wasn't bad enough, she works at McDonald's, handling food. It's not just her either. I have seen one of the other girls come out of the bathroom and not wash her hands on more than one occasion. It's making me never want to be in my room. The suitemate was acting funny this morning and if she's sick I feel like I've doomed myself already by taking a shower in our bathroom.

I just really wanted to rant about that. Thanks to anyone who reads this.

Default Re: Really gross suitemate

Gosh ! Poor hygiene is something I can't tolerate and it's completely unrelated to my emet. That's just wrong. You don't do that.! How is a grown ass woman not flushing her sh*t (excuse my language but I'm really grosssed out).

I feel for you girl. Is there anyway that you can have a non confrontational sit down with them to address this?

[QUOTE=punchbuggy;490723]Gosh ! Poor hygiene is something I can't tolerate and it's completely unrelated to my emet. That's just wrong. You don't do that.! How is a grown ass woman not flushing her sh*t (excuse my language but I'm really grosssed out).

I feel for you girl. Is there anyway that you can have a non confrontational sit down with them to address this?[/QUOTE.

That's just wrong!!!!! Even for someone who is not emetic!!!! You seriously need to have a talk with her! That's just WRONG on so many levels!! I'm so sorry girl you have a lot of triggers:-/ I hope it gets better for ya.

Eww. Yea just address your situation with her actions... eww.

That is disgusting! U defo need to talk to her about this because that is just not on at all
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ew.

I know people who don't like to flush their pee bc of environmental stuff (not my thing, but I can understand). But poop?! POOP?!?! No. Nope nope nope. That's nasty.

Just be like 'hey, don't mean to be nitpicky, but do you mind flushing the toilet when you're done?' You don't have to be mean about it, just tell her. Not flushing causes smells to linger and that's not right. Sorry you have to live with this, roommates can be the worst -_-

Right? I remember in 5th grade when we were learning about water treatment and sewer systems and stuff they told us "if it's yellow let it mellow if it's brown flush it down" or something lol but IMO even leaving urine in a toilet is kind of nasty, especially if it's not just you/your kids who use it like what if it splashes onto you? Ewwww.. But anyway, yeah, this roommate sounds like they need a talking to.