Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default bunch of people at work got s* last night at the same time, food poisoning?

Hello there all!

I work as an actor at a Haunted Attraction during the month of October. Last night, everyone brought in food for a potluck before we started working. At around the same time, between 3-5 hours since they had eaten the food, a bunch of the other actors got sick. Do you think it was food poisoning? How likely is it that they all have a stomach virus? I haven't heard of anyone being sick prior to last night so I don't believe there was any exposure they were all exposed to. But lets say it was a virus and it was in the food, does food poisoning caused by noro have the same incubation period as noro (24-48 hours) or food poisoning (30 minutes - 48 hours)? Sorry if that last question doesn't make sense. I don't know how else to word it.

Thanks!

Default Re: bunch of people at work got s* last night at the same time, food poisoning?

Definitely sounds like fp to me. Anytime you have a whole bunch of people get sick around the same time, it is likely to be fp. Noro is noro, whether its spreading through contaminated food or a door handle, and th incubation would be 24-48 hrs. So unless all the sick people ate the same food 1-2 days ago also, they probably ate something off at the potluck.

Hope your coworkers feel much better soon.

Default Re: bunch of people at work got s* last night at the same time, food poisoning?

All of my money is on fp. NO WAY would everyone get sick at one time if it were a sv*. If there was a sv* in the food it would be at LEAST 6 hours before anyone got sick (a lot more like 24 hours) and even then it wouldn't all be at the same time. If you haven't been sick I'd say you dodged a bullet! Good for you!

One of the girls who got sick last night is at work today feeling fine... So I guess it was definitely the food. Thanks guys!

Ugghhhh my boss just said she was sick and I know she didn't eat any of it so it's definitely a virus

It could be different things. It definitely sounds like the other actors had fp. It could be your boss is the only one with sv or she could have v*ed due to some other reason outside the food.

I hope you're right. Thank you guys for the support

Or she could be faking to get out of work and using everyones symptoms as a cover.