Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Nanny Gill

Unhappy Nanny Gill

I have just had nine weeks of C.B.T Therapy and it didn't work. Dont know where to go from here, any ideas?

Default Re: Nanny Gill

Maybe you need something more long term-ish and deeper like psychoanalytic therapy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit me at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not everything has a quick fix. (hugs) Hopefully, continued therapy will help.

I was speaking to a CBT therapist and she said that it is usual to have 10 weeks CBT as that is there constraints and they have to see other patients etc. She went to a conference held by Dr Veele ( he does research on Emetophobia). She used to give me the hand outs and I manage to get the majority of the research papers on the subject. She told me that he said a persistant phobia like this should take about 40 weeks of CBT in an ideal world. This is not like other phobias so no one is going to be cured in 9 weeks. Saying that why don't you do another lot of CBT, maybe it was your therapist or maybe you just need more sessions. It is small steps remember. I really wouldn't like to say why therapy works for some and not others as I think that s going to far and giving an opinion when 1) I am not trained to and 2) I do not know your circumstance. Also try and look for other sources whilst you wait for help. I tried a few and they really complimented my CBT.

I hope things do get better for you and I would like to say treat my advice with a dose of salt.