Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Having a tough time tonight

I am struggling with this phobia tonight. My stomach has been hurting tonight. I believe it is my own fault though. I hope it is anyways.
    I haven't been taking my omeprazole lately. And I think its turning full circle to bite me in the backside. I took one, plus another stomach pain reliever and a tums. It still hurts, but not as bad. I am trying not to freak out and think it is a virus or something. But every time my stomach starts hurting I start freaking out.
    This time of the year is a struggle for me. From November to February is key stomach virus time where I live. So I struggle. I always wonder if I am sick today, am I sick now. Should I eat this because I might get sick later. I am so tired of living in fear. It is so damn hard. BLAH!
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: Having a tough time tonight

I feel the same way. I worry constantly during these months. It's only magnified if I start feeling off, even if it's just something little. I'll pray for you to find peace and rest tonight.

Thank you. That means a lot

I do the same thing with food. Am I going to get sick tonight? I basically ate nothing yesterday because I had panic n* in the morning. Then today I didn't eat till dinner and now I am worried. Anxiety is terrible. It can make your body feel terrible, anxiety n* stress d*, I am no stranger to both. I am sending relaxing thoughts your way! Hoping for a good night sleep for you