Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Daughter had the SV

I had to pick up my middle child from daycare on friday because she was *V*. She did it 13 times in a 3 hour period. She still wasn't feeling good on Saturday. Turns out on top of the s.v she has strep and scarlet fever. So I don't know how long she was contagious with the s.v. but if Saturday was the last day she had symptoms...do you think I would have been sick by now.
    Her other sisters have not show signs of *v* yet either. I did everything I could to prevent anyone else from getting sick. My hands are so dry from all the hand washing I did.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: Daughter had the SV

Are they positive she had SV? Granted 13 times over three hours is a LOT but I think I've read that strep can make little ones v as well-could it have been from the strep?
    Poor little thing-how did you finally get her to stop? My daughter had two bouts of some kind of SV when she was young (4 and 12) where she ended up in the hospital for IVs before she finally stopped.
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Are you sure she had a sv. My girls both v'd with strep. The neighbor had strep last weekend (he is 12) and he was v'ing first before the sore throat. You probably would have shown symptoms by now even if it was a sv. At our house it usually hits at about 36 hours.

the s.v was going around at her preschool. A little boy got sick the day they were all at school together. next day she was throwing up. I figured if the V was due to the strep..it would have been a continuous thing through out the day. not hard core every 15 minutes for 3 hours? thats how I figured it was the s.v. I'm not sure how the V works when you have strep?
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

v* from scarlet fever is very common. So mix that with strep that can cause hardcore v* especially in someone so young. Keeping my fingers crossed it's just a symptom of what she already has and no one else will get sick.

I'd have to agree with the others. Sounds like there are other things in her system that are likely the reason for her v*. Today is Wednesday, so if no one else has shown symptoms yet, then you're safe to assume it wasn't an SV*. My little brother had to have surgery because he got strep so often and it made him ridiculously sick with v*. It is very common, and add scarlet fever on that, it is a recipe for v* in a child.

Also, just because one little boy v* the day before doesn't necessarily mean there is an SV going around. He too could have had something else. But yes, if no one else has shown symptoms, you'd be in the clear by now.

Hope she is on the mend and feeling better really soon.

I agree with the others, strep is going around big time here and most of the kids that have had it have had pretty extreme v*ing along with it. No matter what it was it sounds like you did a great job of cleaning and can relax a bit now as nobody else has come down with it.

Hope she's feeling a little better today! Been thinking about her.

Hope she's feeling better now!
    M I D N I G H T

Scarlett fever can cause extreme vomiting and is a very rare condition to have with strep. Plenty of Amoxicillin or Erythromycin and the Scarlett Rash will be gone in a few days.

Yes, my daughter had scarlett fever with strep and she was so sick. She even passed out. We went to the ER twice because of it and because she never said she had a sore throat, they didn't even suspect strep the first time. The second time they took a look and did a strep test and viola...strep and scarlett fever.

I have to agree with the strep making her sick. Once my daughter had bad v* with no sore throat or fever. I took her to doc and test said she had strep. No until that night did the fever and sore throat start.

I had scarlet fever as a kid, and while I didn't throw up, I felt extremely nauseous for days.

^ My oldest daughter (5) almost threw up numerous times from strep throat as well. She kept running to the bathroom because she was so nauseous.