Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Sick last night and not sure what to do now...HELP!

Hi Everyone! I am in recovery and doing really well. As a challenge I went out to eat and thought I did great. Then last night at 2 a.m. I woke up with horrible cramping, burning and D*. Not pretty. I was worried so I have started taking Zofran every 4 fours since then, but I am still feeling awful. My tummy feels bloated and uncomfortable. I have only really been able to drink ginger ale. I am worried that I will start V* soon because I am not feeling better yet. Do you think so or am I just worried because that is what I do? It has been about 15 hours since I started feeling badly. Any thoughts on when this may pass? I am trying hard to stay positive even though I am living my worst nightmare. Any thoughts or encouragement would help! Thank you!

Default Re: Sick last night and not sure what to do now...HELP!

Sorry you're feeling bad! If it were a SV or something you would have already V'd! I think the worst is over for you! Just keep drinking gingerale that really helps

Shes right, the worst is over. Usually the first 8-12 hrs are the worst. Try to take it easy.. And try to eat a little if you can! Feel better
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Thank you! I called out from work for tomorrow and ate a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Say a little prayer I do okay through the night and I think the worst of it will be over I still don't think I want to go out to eat again. Like ever. (Haha, a little dramatic, I know)

Glad you are better, Katie. Did you go to a tech, like Georgia Tech or MIT?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why yes, I did! I went to Texas Tech University for undergrad and graduate work! Thanks for the advice and support! Made it through the night really well and woke up feeling very decent!

Yup, it's usually only 6-12 hrs, though last time I had it it lasted for 14 hrs (just had a sore tummy, fever and body aches though, no v* or d*).

Glad you're feeling better! Zofran is my go to as well if I have a concern that v* is a real possibility. Either way, it sounds like you got through it like a champ, so great job! I am personally in a stage of my phobia where it'd take me days to even attempt chicken soup, so I give you a HUGE kudos for that!

My kids stopped having symtoms after 9 hours last time they had it.