Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Re: Feeling constant fear!

I have been there. It's gotta be anxiety and or panic attacks. The mind can do some crazy things when it comes to fear. Anxiety and panic attacks can cause N* and D* even without the phobia, so if you're phobic of getting ill it's a million times worse. One can trigger the other and it turns into a vicious cycle. Sometimes it's feeling ill that causes the anxiety, and sometimes it's anxiety that causes you to feel ill. It's so awful. I can be fine one second and then BOOM I'll start to panic. I did so well for quite a while recognizing when it was my anxiety, and calming myself down and then I would feel better. But it has been a crazy few months. So I'll have a panic attack, feel n* and go nuts, pacing, cold sweats, shaking etc. Then I will finally calm myself a little bit and then stupid me I will think "whew my stomach feels better" and then BOOM the panic is back. I always read that panic attacks are only supposed to last 2-5 minutes. Yeah those are for people who don't have emetophobia. Cause my cycle can go on for hours. n*, panic, feel better, think about feeling better, panic, n*, feel better and it goes on. Only suggestion I have is to try and control the awful cycles that come with this awful phobia. Good thoughts, relaxing things. I try and put on a funny show, or listen to rain sounds. Give my brain something else to do besides panic about feeling ill.

Default Re: Feeling constant fear!

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBaby View Post
    I have been there. It's gotta be anxiety and or panic attacks. The mind can do some crazy things when it comes to fear. Anxiety and panic attacks can cause N* and D* even without the phobia, so if you're phobic of getting ill it's a million times worse. One can trigger the other and it turns into a vicious cycle. Sometimes it's feeling ill that causes the anxiety, and sometimes it's anxiety that causes you to feel ill. It's so awful. I can be fine one second and then BOOM I'll start to panic. I did so well for quite a while recognizing when it was my anxiety, and calming myself down and then I would feel better. But it has been a crazy few months. So I'll have a panic attack, feel n* and go nuts, pacing, cold sweats, shaking etc. Then I will finally calm myself a little bit and then stupid me I will think "whew my stomach feels better" and then BOOM the panic is back. I always read that panic attacks are only supposed to last 2-5 minutes. Yeah those are for people who don't have emetophobia. Cause my cycle can go on for hours. n*, panic, feel better, think about feeling better, panic, n*, feel better and it goes on. Only suggestion I have is to try and control the awful cycles that come with this awful phobia. Good thoughts, relaxing things. I try and put on a funny show, or listen to rain sounds. Give my brain something else to do besides panic about feeling ill.

Thats a good idea, and I do that when im home, but when im out and about it wont stop going round in circles like you described, and when im at home nausea is not a frequent as when im out, so i stay at home. And its boring. Im working on it
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears