Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How long are everyone's non vomiting streaks?

Quote Originally Posted by silent_sounds View Post
    Well, I don't recall ever being v* as a child. Neither do my parents, not since I was a baby. I v* once as a teenager from alcohol, once after giving birth to my daughter six years ago when I was 21. Then once two years ago when I got noro. I'm 27 now, my family is down with noro at the moment, so I'm terrified.. But, need to remind myself I've literally v* three times in 27 years.. Chances are slim, right?
    Sounds like it. I have never heard of anybody vomiting less than that. Read the post above yours, that might explain it.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

If a little bit of 'food regurgitation' counts then nearly two years; I had a hangover after accidently powering through my alcohol 'safe zone' and when I woke up I had a sip of water and it came straight back up - not even sure it hit my stomach! I lay in bed whimpering for about six hours, I was rather traumatised.

Before then it was from a stomach bug/ear infection hybrid when I was 13, so nearly 16 years now (I'm 29 in just over a week)

I dont exactly have a 'streak' at the moment as i was ill recently, but before that i would have been 9 or 10, and it was from swallowing too much sea water while on holiday, and before that the last time i recall was when i was 5 or 6 from some awful bug but i dont recall if it was in the summer or winter.
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

I went from the age of 10 until 32, so 22 years. That was in December 2008. Since then I v* in February 2010, January 2011, December 2012 and October 2013. I attribute this to having 2 kids and working as a teacher in a K-8 school

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We had been talking about Influenza, not noro, but I guess what the professor I work under said still holds, that the main vector of that stuff is the little kids. You clearly love your little ones and your students as well, so obviously life changes and your priorities change, and some things are more important than not v*ing. BTW professor also must feel that way as he has lots of kids and grandkids that live with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jkl81 View Post
    We had been talking about Influenza, not noro, but I guess what the professor I work under said still holds, that the main vector of that stuff is the little kids. You clearly love your little ones and your students as well, so obviously life changes and your priorities change, and some things are more important than not v*ing. BTW professor also must feel that way as he has lots of kids and grandkids that live with him.
    This is the reason I'm struggling with the idea of having kids. In my current state, I couldn't do it, but need to make my mind up fast as the girlfriends clock is ticking. :s
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

Yeah I think about that sometimes, but I figure I'll cross that bridge when and if I get to it. My dad was 33 and quickly turned 34 when I was born, and 7 years older than that with my brther, and he can still run rings around both of us a lot of times even at 66, so being an older dad isn't a bad thing in my opinion, but it's harder on the ladies as they have less time to decide.

I wonder if you and your dad are non secretors, and if non secretors have any association with a greater risk for blood and bone marrow cancers? If you don't know what I'm talking about, most people secrete markers for their blood type in their other bodily fluids like saliva, etc, and norovirus uses these factors to gain a foot hold in the human gut. As far as we know, norovirus has yet to figure out how to infect people like that, but it's a mutation that is said to come with some other health issues sometimes, but not always. Interesting food for thought. Glad to see you post once in awhile, and hope you're staying healthy. You might be interested to hear we had another cancer survivor recently post her story in here too. "Rakastan" I think is her handle.
    I am not sure if my dad and I are both non-secretors (I do know my blood type is AB+, not sure about my dad). Our family history really had no history of cancer in it until my dad was diagnosed in 2005, and me in 2007. We had two different forms of lymphoma, which is a blood-based cancer, and the doctors claim just coincidence, but seems hard to believe that. Fortunately, no one else in my family has since been diagnosed with cancer.

And I am doing great, thank you. Six years remission. And I am happy to hear of another emet cancer survivor out there!

Yeah I think about that sometimes, but I figure I'll cross that bridge when and if I get to it. My dad was 33 and quickly turned 34 when I was born, and 7 years older than that with my brther, and he can still run rings around both of us a lot of times even at 66, so being an older dad isn't a bad thing in my opinion, but it's harder on the ladies as they have less time to decide.
    True, I'm more concerned about my gf. A part of me thinks I should let her go now so she still has a chance to find someone and start a family. She wants kids. I don't really know what's for the best.

I'm amazed at some of the streaks on here! For me, It last happened on Halloween in 2011 because of a bad interaction with my medication and grapefruit seed extract.

Yeah it really is amazing isn't it? I'd like a streak like some of these, but I would also want to not obsess about it unless it was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Mine is also in my signature. On my web site, you can read the streaks of various emets who have reported them over the years: http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/streaks.html

Doug
    holey moly doug!! 37 years. Howd you do it? haha

I think my longest is between 11 and 19. So 8 years
    No passion so effectively robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.

Emma, I just went one day without vomiting and then another and then another, and now it adds up to 37 years, 11 months, 2 weeks. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Hmm...I think going that long would make the phobia worse. I can't imagine having this phobia that long. I'd love to not have it another day. It's ruined my life for far too long as It Is and as I near a quarter of a century in age I am determined for it to be gone before I turn 30 or at least at a manageable level by then.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Well if you went that long without v*ing, you might be tempted to think that it was highly unlikely that it will ever happen.