Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Soap.

Default Soap.

I have a question which I'm sure has been asked many times. When you wash your hands, does it matter if the soap is antibacterial or if it is just normal bar soap? Besides bar soap, the only soap I can find is antibacterial soap - no antiviral soap. Since I've got bar soap that is actually good for your skin, can I just use that one instead of the nasty chemical squirty soap?

Default Re: Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNumber View Post
    I have a question which I'm sure has been asked many times. When you wash your hands, does it matter if the soap is antibacterial or if it is just normal bar soap? Besides bar soap, the only soap I can find is antibacterial soap - no antiviral soap. Since I've got bar soap that is actually good for your skin, can I just use that one instead of the nasty chemical squirty soap?
    You dont need antibacterial or antiviral soap. Good old fashioned soap and warm water will suffice to get rid of germs and stuff on your hands.
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Felle is spot on! Good hygein is the only sure fire way to eliminate your chance of contracting any funk. I wash my hands about 5 to 10 times a day. The norovirus is just that virus. Any antibacterial anything will not combat that. Hope this helps!!!!

It's more the mechanical process of washing your hands that rids them of pathogens. You're not necessarily killing or deactivating them, but you're removing them from your hands and washing them down the sink.

Yeah as long as you scrub, it's all good.
    M I D N I G H T

Okay. Thank you all =D