Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: It's here!!

Default It's here!!

So last night I went on our local Dallas news station website. On the front page noro is back like last year it said. Ugh really!! I know the h1n1 flu is real bad here this year but we had our vaccines so not too worried. Then I see this and I'm freaking out. My kids went back to school yesterday after winter break. My oldest is nine and her teacher is a germ freak and always makes them wash. My little one in first grade got a teacher who is not so great about washing their hands before snack. I of course gave them the lecture about washing and not touching their faces. We will see I feel like a ticking time bomb is going to go off at any minute. My youngest caught it last year and was sick for four days. I so don't want to do this again this year. Sorry just had to get this off my chest.

Default Re: It's here!!

We survived last year. We can survive the year, too. *hugs* They only talk about the stuff on the news when absolutely nothing else is going on. I guess the Dennis Rodman debacle has passed over now. Remember even in super bad years 96% of the people don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiebear View Post
    So last night I went on our local Dallas news station website. On the front page noro is back like last year it said. Ugh really!! I know the h1n1 flu is real bad here this year but we had our vaccines so not too worried. Then I see this and I'm freaking out. My kids went back to school yesterday after winter break. My oldest is nine and her teacher is a germ freak and always makes them wash. My little one in first grade got a teacher who is not so great about washing their hands before snack. I of course gave them the lecture about washing and not touching their faces. We will see I feel like a ticking time bomb is going to go off at any minute. My youngest caught it last year and was sick for four days. I so don't want to do this again this year. Sorry just had to get this off my chest.

I wouldn't worry yourself. Official figures show that it is no where near the amount we got last year, so its just the press having nothing better to do than scare monger.

I've read a lot of the statistics and they are saying it isn't even close to as bad as last year. It makes sense too. Usually the numbers go up every 2 or 3 years and then go back down.

Even last year I read that only 6% of the population got noro, and this year it isn't supposed to be as bad. Keep clean & be worry free.

Hey, the News Stations need to make money somehow!