Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Toddler daughter did it

I was taking a bath and my 2 year old gagged on a blackberry, and my husband had to help her and smack her back. And she v'd a little. He took her to the bathroom to get cleaned up and it was surely the smell of v. However none of her dinner was in it from only an hour earlier. Just fluid and berries. Does this sound like a virus?!? She goes to daycare twice a week and as far as I know nobody in her class has had the sv. Any input?
    Ps- now she is playing done. It's been at least 30 minutes. No fever. Just so scared it's a virus. God I hate flu season and this constant worry. Please help !

Default Re: Toddler daughter did it

Absolutely not. She gagged herself and what went down wrong came right back up. She's FINE! Kids are new to this whole eating thing. . . we should be surprised more food doesn't shoot out of their ears or eyeballs more often.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Agree with jenni. Definitely just from the gag reflex. Little ones don't have the ability to control it.

It does sound like she choked.

Choked definitely. My daughter did that a few times. It's totally the gag reflex.

I like seeing the updates from the people having a hard time so YES she did just gag because of the food and was v free all night. Thank you all for the input!!

Kids don't know how to control the gagging reflex when they choke or cough. As a result they will v and just go on about their lives. Ah, to be so carefree! Glad to hear she's okay.

She just choked. My 23 month old has done that several times.