Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What is happening?

I was fast asleep and then suddenly shot up and thought I was going to v*. I ran to the bathroom and sat in front of the toilet and knew it was coming but then it just passed. The feeling went away now but I am just so panicked that it is going to come back and actually happen this time.

Default Re: What is happening?

Sounds like an anxiety attack I get them in my sleep too. Just take deep breathes when it happens and put a cold pack on your neck. Hope you feel better soon.

How are you doing? Did you go back to sleep and wake up all good? Hope it was just reflux or some other equally as innocent blip. X

I fell asleep after a few hours but I woke up still feeling a little queasy.. I'm not sure if it's something I ate or a sv... hopefully it goes away as the day goes on.

Did you have any kind of reflux or indigestion? That happens to me sometimes. I will wake up with the sudden feeling like I'm going to v, but I don't. I'll usually sit straight up with the idea of jumping out of the bed. At this point it's happened to me enough to where I still sit straight up but the feeling usually passes fairly quickly. I sometimes get up and get a drink of water or something just to calm myself.

I do have pretty bad reflux, so I do the same thing in sitting straight up when feelings like that happen. It just usually doesn't get that bad. Most of my symptoms went away as the day went on, thankfully. Thanks for the support everyone!