Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

well today i had my first dentist appt since 5 years ago! i must say i was c**ping my pants - i have had tooth ache for 3 weeks now and forced myself to go - and it was all FINE! nothings wrong and i have strong teeth and the wisdom teeth are fine too! just some sensitivity!!

well anyway - the moral of the story is NOT to work myself up with negative self talk and mis guided beliefs! before today i had it all worked out that they wld def need to pull my teeth out and do all sorts! crazy mind hey!

ems x

For a second I thought you were my mom(but shes not emet). She went to the dentists for the first time in years this morning as well. Shes afraid of the dentists, and has had a tooth ache for 3wks. Betyourglad its over with! Take care!

I'm so glad you went and that everything is OK! I have awful teeth so it's nice to hear lol.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Way to go ems. I went through the dentist scare to a couple of months back. I haven't been to the dentist in a long time and I had 3 appt's or 4 and I am no longer afraid, mainly because my dentist knows about my phobia and panic attacks and he is good to me. I am happy for you that is a great accomplishment!!