Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Seeking Exposure/Incubation Time Advice - VERY scared

Hello - on Sunday mid-morning to afternoon, my mom at her home watched my 3 year old nephew. He did not vomit or have diarrhea but he did have a bowel movement and she helped him wipe. I got to her house for the night after he left and spent the night there with my mom and left at 8AM Monday morning. As of noon on Monday, she was feeling "off" and came home sick from work. As of 3AM Tuesday morning, she was vomiting. My brother (my nephews dad) had started with vomit and diarrhea at 11PM Monday night at his home. Well, my dad watches my nephew on Tuesday's and the minute my nephew got to my mom's on Tuesday AM, he threw up 5-6 times, his mom came to pick him up but couldn't leave because she started throwing up.

I left on Monday morning at 8AM BEFORE anyone was vomiting in the house but I'm very scared that I'll still catch it as my mom go it without anyone vomiting in her presence although she did have to wipe his bottom after his "normal" bowel movement. It's really concerning me as well because I keep reading conflicting info on incubation time. One woman on FB posted that she got it WEEK after her husband had it.

I forced myself to stay up all night last night out of fear and stayed home from work today as well. It's ruining my life. I have Zofran pills on hand but they did not stop my mom from vomiting. They haven't always worked for me either. Only the IV of Zofran.

Was I truly exposed? How long till I am in the clear?

Default Re: Seeking Exposure/Incubation Time Advice - VERY scared

Live your life, seriously. Are you getting help? It can and does get better. HUGS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Default Re: Seeking Exposure/Incubation Time Advice - VERY scared

I wouldn't worry. You were not exposed in my opinion. And exposure does not mean you will definitely catch it. However, instead of thinking like this I would suggest find distractions and like cynna said, live your life. Its so much better when you realise this phobia is nothing compared to the power of positive thinking.