Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Race for life

Hey guys,
    just thought id fill u in on my little goal! i have signed up to run 5km in July for the Race for life events that take place all over UK - raising money for cancer research. I go to the gym and body combat but i have never really ran before - i can walk too and i have till july to train and collect sponsor money!

i really wanna do it - my aunt died of cancer last month - and i really want to give something back to all the people who helped her and treated her...

Wish me luck!

ems x

Good for you!That sounds great.Good luck!!!

im a tiny bit worried tho - just coz running can make u v* sometimes cant it? i dont know if any of the UK guys saw the marathon 2 weeks ago - well apart from Paulas pit stop, the 2nd girl came thro the finish line and proceeded to v* everywhere! shame on the BBC for zoomin in!!!

and my friend finished the 800 meters once at school and when she finished, she vomited...

but i guess ill just take it slow and i will have time to train...

I know what your are talking about. I dont think I would worry too much about it. Ive heard of it happening to runners doing that after an extremly long marathon. Plus, you can always walk if you start to feel quesy.Your not competing are you? Even so, dont worry. Just dont eat chili, or anything heavy right befor you run. Your fine! Good luck!

I think that's more of a problem with really long races like the Olympics or marathons. 5K isn't too long - just take it at your own pace and have fun and remember why you are doing it. Don't eat or drink a whole lot right before or right after. Good luck!!

no - not competing - thank god - its purely for charity and run or walk as fast or slow as u want!

I know ill be ok...
    ems x

That's so wonderful! I agree that the competitions where people are pushing themselves to their physical limits and get overheated, maybe gulp their water too fast on top of it are the time v* comes into it but since you can take your time and just walk if you want to you should be fine. Good luck! It is wonderful that you are doing this, so many people will be helped because of you! Please let us know how it goes!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

That's great! I know the feeling. I had a goal to do the same, but I'm not sure I'm going to make it because I hate to run and I have not been training. But, the race that I am doing has a 2 mi walk option. I will at least do that.

My grandpa died of pancreatic cancer 2 years ago, so I got involved with PanCan.

I love when communities reach out and do this kind of thing. You will be so proud of yourself

Funny you should mention the v* aspect. I have worried about that the last 2 races I went to (last year I was the hired photograher, so I had to pay close attention to people... ) and I never saw anything gross, so try not to worry
    \"This too shall pass\"

I just recently went to a 6 mile walk for Premature babies (March of Dimes) as community service to my school. It wasnt running but my friend ran at several times. I was NOT in shape at all for that! lol I recentlymoved last year i'm not allowed to go out by myself and my friends are so far away as well as school everything requires car. (Not going on a 11 mile walk to school every day lol). Still in pain herebut much better than Sunday lol.

I dont know how much Km is to miles (terrible at converting >_&lt but I think you can do it! I was worried about that at the walk was well but like you said its in July so you have time to prepare! ^_^ Good luck.

Oh yea, LOL half way through the walk i turned to my friend and asked her if it was possible to die because i wasnt in shape to walk so much. Looking back that is so funny. She was like "O.o ..no you arent going to die" hahaha..

You'll be fine!
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>