Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone scared to sleep?!

Anyone scared to sleep? ...sometimes I get so nervous that I'm scared to go to aleep
    incase I wake up in the night.
    As I just panic sometimes because I get scared why I've just
    woken up!? And then get so much anxiety when I think maybe I've woken
    up because I'm ill?
    Am I just turning even more crazy paranoid!

Default Re: Anyone scared to sleep?!

Yes!! I am very scared to sleep because of waking up and getting sick in the middle of the night. Sometimes I'll wake up in the night and have a panic attack just because I think I'll be sick because I woke up. So getting to sleep can be difficult because for some reason I think I'll get sick at night.

I'm not scared of sleep per se, but I am scared to go bed before a certain time. I really dont like going bed before 2-3 am, cos thats when my brother usually woke up when he was ill with noro. So I feel 'safe' going bed after that time. I've been doing it for years, it's not good at all.
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Yeah I'm the same, I had panic attack couple nights ago from the same feelings.
    Hate this stupid phobia!

I had a few nights like that, still do on occasion. Do you tend to sleep lying on your back? I slept like that a few nights over Christmas and woke up in a mass panic thinking I woke up because I was ill. I wasn't atall but I read that when you're in deep sleep and on your back, your tounge relaxes and cuts off air flow (not a large amount, just enough to wake you up). So I tried sleeping on my side again and that worked a bit better. I hope this helps in any way and best of luck

No, I adore sleep! <3
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have trouble falling and staying asleep but I don't think it's necessarily from anxiety about noro. I can sleep soundly only when it's light outside

I always viewed sleep as an escape from my phobia. Even when I have actually been ill I'll do anything to get to sleep so I don't have to deal with it. Sleep's good
    I'm guilty of being innocent

I love sleeping but very often can't get to sleep because of feeling ill and I sleep badly because of the meds I was on. I dream of sleeping a full 8 hours without crazy dreams, nausea and waking up shaking but it's not gonna happen any time soon

Yes I hate sleeping all these posts I can relate too I have no problem dropping off except I them wake up as I don't sleep long and then I wonder why I've woken it must be because I'm sick this starts my anxiety and I just can't switch odd and sit shaking sometimes i also don't like sleeping before 2/3!--'I also think before them I'm not safe and could be ill but after 4am I'm time. I spend most nights in this vicious pattern. It also happens when I stay over at someone's house my anxiety is sky high because I feel like what if I'm sick there and not in my own home.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1991 View Post
    I had a few nights like that, still do on occasion. Do you tend to sleep lying on your back? I slept like that a few nights over Christmas and woke up in a mass panic thinking I woke up because I was ill. I wasn't atall but I read that when you're in deep sleep and on your back, your tounge relaxes and cuts off air flow (not a large amount, just enough to wake you up). So I tried sleeping on my side again and that worked a bit better. I hope this helps in any way and best of luck
    interesting never knew this as I tend to sleep on back not,side

I hate night time, actually, I start getting really anxious about 3 pm waiting for someone to look ill (there are 6 people in our family) so five people I watch for any signs. If I can get the kids to bed without any signs of ill I then completely relax and feel really calm and centered then sleep happily. If someone is seeming even slightly out of sorts I won't sleep until 1-1:30am (when I feel it's 'safe'. If it didn't get dark at night, ever, I think my anxiety would be much lower.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch