Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A real triumph for me.

I've been very ill with bronchitis for over a week now. I have asthma, so this has been a rough illness. While recovering I decided to attend a church function. A lady came in (who I know well) bringing some food to share. I talked with her and ate a taste of the food. Soon another member comes over and asks her if she is feeling better from the night before. She says, "Oh yes, much better. I think I ate some bad lettuce because I was sick from both ends a couple of times a few hours after eating it. I felt fine after it was over, so I decided to come in and help out today." She looked perfectly fine, and she was snacking on the various goodies at the tables. I admit I had a moment of panic since I ate the food she was carrying, and I asked if she made it. She did not, but her sister who lives with her did. The triumph is that I stayed at the party, and I even sat by the lady and had a long conversation. I even forced myself to eat another bite of the food! For three days I've had passing thoughts about possibly catching something from the event, but no panic. No Panic! I did not avoid going out afterwards either, which is something I usually do when I fear I've been exposed. Small triumphs!

Default Re: A real triumph for me.

Amazing! You should be so proud of yourself

Default Re: A real triumph for me.

Jay that's a HUGE triumph! Congratulations! Well done!
    I believe, " The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death." (Rom 8:2)
    Therefore, nothing that causes sickness and disease can attach itself to me.

MyEmetophobiaRecovery.blog.com