Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Not again!

Default Not again!

So my youngest daughter is in first grade. She came home from school saying she was cold and tired. She layed down on the couch with me and I noticed she felt warm. I took her temp and she has a 102 fever. She said her head and stomach hurts. She said she was hungry so I gave her a snack and she's eating also gave her Motrin. Does this sound like a sv? She was sick a few weeks back with a fever and had a sinus infection. I wonder if it didn't clear up. What do you think?

Default Re: Not again!

it could also be the flu. my daughter pigged out the whole time she had the flu (and she did have the vaccine). i hope she feels better soon!

Hey hun, I am sorry you're going through this, how is she doing now?.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

How is she doing now dear? Could be a SV. I hope all goes well!
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

She woke me up at 3am with a 102.5 fever. I gave her Motrin and slept with her. She is just complaining of a headache and has a stuffy nose. We got snow here so the doctors office is closed today. I will take her in tomorrow. She is eating and playing as long as I give her something for the fever. I think her sinus infection came back. She has not v* or anything so I'm guessing it's that. I'm so tired though and have an acidy feeling in my stomach from not sleeping well.

I bet that 3am wake up scared you! You poor thing. I hate that you and your daughter are both suffering again. Sounds like you might be right about the sinus infection. I hope she feels better! Get some rest so you dont catch it!

If might just be that sinus infection; my Mom had very similar symptoms (except she sweated her fever out quickly over one night), didn't v* or anything of that sort, but she had a sinus infection.

You're probably right. It is most likely a sinus infection. those can be really hard to kick. Poor kid. Hugs to mommy and baby.

Agree with Maige and Grace. Or it could be a virus, but not a stomach virus. It doesn't sound at all like a stomach bug. I hope she feels better soon.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

So I took my daughter to the doctor and turns out she has H1N1 flu not a sinus infection. She had influenza B a few months back and now this. The doctor said she has only seen a person get two different flus a handful of times in one season. My lucky daughter is now one of them poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiebear View Post
    So I took my daughter to the doctor and turns out she has H1N1 flu not a sinus infection. She had influenza B a few months back and now this. The doctor said she has only seen a person get two different flus a handful of times in one season. My lucky daughter is now one of them poor kid.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she gets better soon.