Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help distinguishing nausea?

Okay, so I was watching some videos on youtube and I was laughing pretty hard. I have acid issues so my stomach didn't react well to it. Felt the liquids creep slightly back up from laughing. I stopped the video because I suddenly felt "gaggish". Wasn't nauseated, but felt like I was going to gag. About a minute later, I was nauseated

The gagging feeling was def due to acid as i felt it before under similar circumstances and nausea also accompanied it last time as well. The nausea will probably flee, but it obviously wasn't fun at the moment.

Acid nausea? Anxiety? Don't know what to think haha! I really want to continue watching the videos Thinking about using an Ondansetron tab.

Default Re: Help distinguishing nausea?

I have issues with acid reflux which sounds like what you might have experienced. I don't generally get n from it, but I can see where it could make you feel n. It was probably due to something acidic that you ate. I tend to get reflux after eating tomato-based stuff. Keep yourself some Tums or Rolaids handy or drink a glass of milk. It helps!

sounds like reflux from the giggles. sip some warm water and stay upright for a bit. you'll be ok.

--------------post deleted ---------------
    Last edited by AoD; 04-14-2014 at 09:28 PM.