Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Emetics don't work.. :c

Quote Originally Posted by JadeNight View Post
    Okay seriously Amanda? What do YOUR posts scream? Dramatic? Annoying? EXHAUSTING? YES?!?!

I love it. Erin makes a civil post and nonetheless YOU twist it and YOU mock it. Get the heck out of here are you serious?

Just STOP. For Christs sake everyone stopped listening to you on page 4 of this mess.
    So says the acknowledged best friend.
    Kimberly Michelle~
    "You cannot find peace by avoiding life." ~ Virginia Woolf

Really like who are you? Lol and she's the antagonist?

Really like who are you? Lol and she's the antagonist?
    Lol...well who are you? Are you of an elite status here? I believe that this is an open forum for registered members which I have been for a long time. So that's who I am. I came here having a difficult time a few days ago and began reading a script straight out of a made for tv afterschool special. It's filled with things like, "Really like who are you?" God ... did you say that in as nasty a voice as it was written?
    Kimberly Michelle~

Okay seriously Amanda? What do YOUR posts scream? Dramatic? Annoying? EXHAUSTING? YES?!?!

I love it. Erin makes a civil post and nonetheless YOU twist it and YOU mock it. Get the heck out of here are you serious?

Just STOP. For Christs sake everyone stopped listening to you on page 4 of this mess.

Obviously not. You all keep coming back and posting on this thread.

Civil? I am apparently not worth replying to (lol, but she did anyway), have obvious issues (yeah, and I would say Kaydee does too, since she stated she had some highly personal issues with anti-emetics), and attempted to mock the things I posted in the thread (erm...enlightening?)...and that was civil? Haha. That was a snark ass post, and you know it. It's okay, though. Just make sure to wipe that nose off once you're done brown nosing.

Oh, and if you stopped listening to me on page 4...why are you still commenting in response to my posts that you "stopped" reading 2 pages ago? Weird.

There is a simple solution to my dramatic, annoying, and exhausting posts...stop fucking reading them. Problem solved.
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde

Ok I've been following this thread and just wanted to put my two cents in. Amanda I agree with almost everything you have said. I do feel that some of the posts made by the "elite" on this board do come off hash and there have been times where I shake my head and get pissed. I also agree 100% with you about benzos to me they are just a band aid for anxiety disorders. Most people don't realize anxiety is actually a chemical imbalance in the brain. That's where I say ssri meds help and save lives. For me I would not have the wonderful things in my life I have now if it were not for Zoloft. Yes I have had troubles in the past with other antidepressants causing side effects such as nausea. I just had to find the right one for me I guess. To me I kind if relate recovered emets to ex-smokers, they were all cool with smoking until they quit. Then when they quit they are all hating on other smokers. Ya'll can go ahead and bitch at me if you want on my opinion that's fine not biggie to me. I just wanted to put my opinion in if it matters. This board has saved me from a lot of anxiety in the past. I know some of you say well we are just being real and don't just say what you want to hear. The thing is when your in the middle of a terrifying panic attack it does really help to have someone give calm words not be "snarky". After the anxiety is calmed down yes I can deal with the fact of ok if I do vomit then I will not die and I will make it through. It's just when I'm in the middle of panic it makes it worse to hear the truth. For me I think this phobia has more to do with the feeling of being out of control when nauseous then the actual deed it self. Ok I'll stop rambling.

Oh one more thing as for Zofran being a crutch if it gets you through a bad day go for it. I don't see anything wrong with taking it either does my doctor. Why some of you get so pissed off about it is beyond me. Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. I don't give a shit there's worse thing I could be doing umm like self medicating with alcohol or street drugs. So if the worse thing I do is take Zofran I think I'm pretty darn good. It's not your life so why get all pissed.

Just one more thing. And this is seriously a genuine question, so I probably don't want to hear from Amanda, because I think she may be a bit upset with me right now, which is fine. I've just gone through the last 4 pages of replies that I've made, having gone through my profile. And aside from when things have gotten heated (ie. this thread, and one with Maddie a little while ago), I can't find anything that I'd call snarky. Usually I try to be calm and level headed when replying to people's panic posts if I reply (however I normally steer clear of those)… Advice please? I don't like being hated here, this place gave me so much help when I was struggling, so to be told I'm hindering people's recovery when really, I want the exact opposite… is actually heartbreaking to me. It's been playing on my mind all afternoon.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by danimegi View Post
    Dairyfree, I swear I have never seen someone so intent on writing the word V out over and over and over again. Zero sensitivity. You need to realize that your way isn't the only way. Every comment you have made is sarcastic, know it all bullying. No need for your crew to jump in, but I'm sure they will.
    Bullshit. None of my comments have been sarcastic and I never once claimed to know it all or that aren't other ways. For someone who claims to have read this whole thread, you didn't read my posts at all clearly. I don't have a crew, so whatever. Some people agree with me at times, but that's about it. This site agreed some time back that writing out the words is not an issue and we should be writing them out. Some people still don't because they are not comfortable doing so.
    I try to offer many suggestions and help on this site. I have reason to be concerned about the use of antiemetics, especially when people do lie to get them and some people on here have said they do. No, not everyone, but a few admitted to doing this. All I ever said was there are many other options besides antiemetics and yeah, besides benzos too.
    All I can say is you are extremely rude and you are not worth replying to at all, but to claim such things about me, not letting that stand. I've said what I needed to say to you and moving on to people who have actual things to say or real questions.
    Last edited by Dairyfreelife; 03-15-2014 at 06:48 AM.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Quote Originally Posted by danimegi View Post
    Dairyfree, I swear I have never seen someone so intent on writing the word V out over and over and over again. Zero sensitivity. You need to realize that your way isn't the only way. Every comment you have made is sarcastic, know it all bullying. No need for your crew to jump in, but I'm sure they will.
    Just an honest note, there's no obligation here to not type the word "vomit". In fact, the fact that I type it out is a conscious decision on my part, I don't know if it's the same for DFL but I just thought I'd try and give you a bit of perspective on that particular issue. I started out abbreviating here, but the more I did it, the more I began becoming anxious about seeing it myself, when I'd never had a problem with the word before. That's why I personally type it out when I need to use it. It might not be as insensitive as you think it is. Like I said, not speaking for anyone else, only myself, but consider it
    Come visit my history blog:

Quote Originally Posted by KaydeeJayde View Post
    Just an honest note, there's no obligation here to not type the word "vomit". In fact, the fact that I type it out is a conscious decision on my part, I don't know if it's the same for DFL but I just thought I'd try and give you a bit of perspective on that particular issue. I started out abbreviating here, but the more I did it, the more I began becoming anxious about seeing it myself, when I'd never had a problem with the word before. That's why I personally type it out when I need to use it. It might not be as insensitive as you think it is. Like I said, not speaking for anyone else, only myself, but consider it
    It is the same for me. It's conscious. I had to once remind myself it's just a word, that's all, because it made me nervous and I feel not writing it out is only encouraging the idea that the word is somehow bad. That's why I do it.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

EXACTLY. Not too long ago, I abbreviated too. Now I'm happy I can type it out.

I will be a doctor in a few years, I am a first year medical student (So basically I know nothing yet lol). I have a keen interest in drugs, not just their mechanism but pharmacokinetics and chemistry. In a previously life I gained a degree in Forensic Psychology and an Msc in Psychology and worked as a therapist in a hospital.

I have to be quite careful on supporting people and offering advice on here, even if I can, so I like to give a lay persons perspective when I chat to people on here. It is not right for me to give advice without a dose of salts.

Saying that, having the experiences I have and the things I have studied I still myself listen to and read other peoples advice on here and find it quite helpful.

Just lets be careful and pull together on here consolidate everything that we know. All in all having emetophobia sucks like hell lol.

Just one more thing. And this is seriously a genuine question, so I probably don't want to hear from Amanda, because I think she may be a bit upset with me right now, which is fine. I've just gone through the last 4 pages of replies that I've made, having gone through my profile. And aside from when things have gotten heated (ie. this thread, and one with Maddie a little while ago), I can't find anything that I'd call snarky. Usually I try to be calm and level headed when replying to people's panic posts if I reply (however I normally steer clear of those)… Advice please? I don't like being hated here, this place gave me so much help when I was struggling, so to be told I'm hindering people's recovery when really, I want the exact opposite… is actually heartbreaking to me. It's been playing on my mind all afternoon.

You don't coddle people and tell them what they're doing or saying is reasonable if it's not. Everyone on here who does that gets called a bully and the like. Usually they end up getting sick of it and leave (or at least stop coming as frequently)...which is unfortunate, because I'd consider them some of the more valuable members of this site. I think for some people emetophobia is a lifestyle rather than a mental disorder to get rid of.

Though I realize that you are trying to say this with constructive advice, I don't think that you realize that I know why you do it. I get it. It is obvious in every post where someone says it over and over again. They are sharing their therapy. I don't necessarily like seeing the word, and I don't like typing it, but I could if I wanted to. Here's the difference ... I choose NOT to do it because I understand that it may strike pure terror in the hearts of some people. Regardless of the fact that I can write it, it's not necessary to potentially disturb another person. That is the part that is lacking in sensitivity to me. Knowing it may harm someone and doing it anyway.
    Kimberly Michelle~

I agree. Advising against anti-emetics isn't lack of compassion, it's just a different kind of compassion that people on here don't seem to want, which is a shame because there's so much more to life than popping medication every time your tummy rumbles and avoiding everything under the sun .

But in the end, it's everyone's own choice. If they want to abuse prescription drugs, they're going to do it whether we advise them against it or not, really.
    Touching once more on the "compassion" issue, this is what I am referring to. When you say, "it's just a different kind of compassion that people on here don't seem to want", doesn't that tell you something? You acknowledged that something is offensive but it would appear that you don't really care if it is. Compassion, by definition, is the emotion that we feel in response to the suffering of others that motivates a desire to help. If it is unwanted then it is not true compassion.

Also, if you are posting YOUR thoughts when you post, then that is fair commentary. When you say things like, "they're going to do it whether we advise them against it or not", then you have joined into group thought. You are speaking for more than one person when you say, "we". You are speaking as if you and other members (DFL in particular in this thread) are one in opposition to other member's opinions. That can be construed as a bullying action. So in offering some constructive criticism, it would be nice if you could take that in to consideration when you are posting. You said that you wanted to know what you were saying that could be offensive.
    Kimberly Michelle~

I don't think I have a lack of compassion for people on here because I type out the word vomit rather than abbreviate it.

I get that this is a support forum, but what good is it when all anyone ever wants to do - and worse, criticizes those who don't practice this - is feed into this terrible phobia by reassuring them and coddling them all the time?

In a thread of mine a few months back, you'll find one where I posted about my boyfriend getting upset with me because I was being ridiculous one night over a soda. Anyway, someone on there straight up told me (not a direct quote), "Well, do you want your boyfriend or to continue letting this phobia control you?"

You'll notice I didnt reply to that upset that somebody didn't sympathize with me and make my boyfriend the bad guy because he got frustrated with me not drinking something that was completely fine. It WAS ridiculous of me! I already know you guys get it and sympathize with me - what I need is some tough love to get past it. That's what support is. "Hey, we get it, we know how scared you are right now. But you know you need to calm down, everything is fine. And even if it ends with you getting sick, everything will be okay."

What in the world is so bad about that?

Sometimes all I want in the world is to be told I will never, ever get sick and nobody around me will, either. Guess what? Being told that is not going to help me get better, and what I really want is to be able to get sick one day and not care. I won't get that being coddled.

So, before we judge KaydeeJayde or Dairyfree any further, keep this in mind. While their advice might upset you, in the end, it's probably more beneficial. It's fine if you disagree, it's just what I think.

IES has 2 main personalities:
    1. The people who want to be told "oh poor thing, you wont v, run away, go to the hotel, keep your child home from school, do not got out to the party tonight, take the anti emetic". Often the people here come on for coddling and reassurance that their behavior is ok. They just want to know that they will not vomit tonight.

2. The people who are in recovery. They realize that reassurance just does not stop anxiety. Reassurance do not work. Anti emetics will not cure emet. They realize they have to stick around and face the situation to get better. They realize their thinking has been flawed and needed to change. They often care a lot about the first group they are trying to help. They often get chastised since some members of the first group are not ready to step out of their comfort zone and get better.

When you get down to it, both groups have been in emet hell.

It does not have to be like this. It is possible to live a life where fear of vomit does not rule you. I have wasted too much of my life, not fully living, not doing the things I wanted to do, not enjoying myself due to this da.. phobia. I do not want to see others do the same thing. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it, but before you get mad at my reply, ask yourself are you mad at me or mad at emet for ruling your life?

Kick emets a....

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    1. The people who want to be told "oh poor thing, you wont v, run away, go to the hotel, keep your child home from school, do not got out to the party tonight, take the anti emetic". Often the people here come on for coddling and reassurance that their behavior is ok. They just want to know that they will not vomit tonight.

2. The people who are in recovery. They realize that reassurance just does not stop anxiety. Reassurance do not work. Anti emetics will not cure emet. They realize they have to stick around and face the situation to get better. They realize their thinking has been flawed and needed to change. They often care a lot about the first group they are trying to help. They often get chastised since some members of the first group are not ready to step out of their comfort zone and get better.

It does not have to be like this. It is possible to live a life where fear of vomit does not rule you. I have wasted too much of my life, not fully living, not doing the things I wanted to do, not enjoying myself due to this da.. phobia. I do not want to see others do the same thing. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it, but before you get mad at my reply, ask yourself are you mad at me or mad at emet for ruling your life?
    This is a fantastic response! You are amazing, Cynna!

I have spent the last hour reading through some of the replies on this thread. WOW. Lol. I haven't been on IES in awhile, mainly because I typically go into freak-out mode for a couple weeks afterward.

I can only speak from my experience on the topic. I take anti-emetics - Dramamine and/or Phenergan, along with Pepto at times as well. I also take Paxil, an SSRI. The Paxil has been a LIFE SAVER as far as allowing me to get out and about and have a normal life again - or at least somewhat normal. My anxiety attacks (unless triggered by someone close to me being sick) are normally minimal - maybe one or two a month. They used to occur every day... multiple times a day.

I only take my anti-emetics as needed. Generally, I'll take them once every week or two if I feel nauseous and normally, just Dramamine. Sometimes Pepto can do the trick for an upset stomach too. I've got acid reflux, so if I'm not careful about my diet, I can feel sick just from eating the wrong foods. I can pretty well distinguish anxiety nausea versus true nausea.

There was a point when my Phenergans were abused. I would take them every single day multiple times a day just to get through the day or to sleep at night. I could not survive without them. It was awful.

Any dependency on OTC or prescription drugs is a hard habit to break and can cause side effects... some worse than others. This is why medication should ONLY be used when is necessary. I like the idea of having my anti-emetics with me "just in case;" however, I rarely take them even when I do feel a tiny bit nauseous because I know that I don't need them every time.

As a side note, no one truly knows what someone has been through with their anxiety because we are all at different stages of emet. Let's be supportive of one another. That's what this group is all about. Missed you all!!
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:

On a personal note I too take anti emetics. I use prochlorperazine (Buccastem) and they are really effective at relieving my nausea. I took them knowing that I was going to seek therapy for this little thing I have. I used to take them about 4 times a week. Sometimes I would just feel so sick. Anyway I had CBT and then I worrked through that thrive book and now I take them about 3 times a month tops. They where very useful to me as I was always worried about being ill at work. Am I cured now? who knows but I class my self as not having emetophobia anymore, just a funny tummy from time to time which I do not worry about at all.

Research suggests anti emetics are a safety seeking behavior however personally I do think they play a part, everyone is different. Maybe I will change my opinion on the situation in the future.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one! No one is right or wrong.

Wait wait wait. When I started reading this thread, I was like, we shouldn't tell other people how to live their lives. But now I'm like OH HELL NO. I started taking an SSRI 2 years ago. It was the best decision of my life. I can now focus on recovery with a clear head. And YES there is recovery. Ok, so this phobia will likely live with me the rest of my life, but it doesn't have to rule me. I can go out, I can hold a job, have friends, not think about vomiting every second of every day. To me, that's recovery. To have way more good days than bad (and yes, sometimes there are bad days, even when you're cured) that's recovery. Recovery is feeling anxiety creeping over you and being able to talk it down with tools you've learned. There may not be a day when I don't 'have' emetophobia, but I'll be damned if there is another day where I can't live my life because of it.

I'm honestly offended with people saying anti-anxiety meds are a 'band-aid' because anti anxiety meds saved my life and helped me shed the other band aids In my life (ie all my emet obsessions: gum chewing, picking my skin, etc.). Taking antiemetics WITHOUT a prescription is a band aid.

And this weird thing that has started with going back and finding people's 'inconcistencies' in old posts is just weird and wrong. Many people on this site, jadenignt, Kimberly, etc. have been long standing members and have been through hell and back. Are we really going to tell them they're hypocritical for something they said a long time ago in their worst places in panic? People change. I for one am all for that change, it means they're working toward recovery.

I wasn't going to post on here again but now that the frustration with this post is gone, I can reply with a level head.

i want everyone to understand that I wasn't saying that having an anti-emetic is bad, I would be the ultimate hypocrite if I said that since I have some. People have cough syrup in their cupboard to relieve a bad cough, aspirin to relieve a headache, and allergy medication to relieve allergies, why not have an anti-emetic to relieve N and V, whether it's from SV, Acid Reflux, or Endo symptoms But should someone who is afraid of headaches stop taking their doctor prescribed medication and take aspirin every single day? (Please don't twist what I'm saying. I didn't research daily usage of aspirin vs zofran, just understand I'm using this as an analogy)

I think the reason Amanda's post bothered me so terribly, other than how rude she was to several people, is because about a month ago I was prescribed Zoloft and I've been so scared to take it (I even did a post on it) Not only because of the common side effect of stomach upset but because I'm so scared of how it will make me act. I found myself thinking "oh my gosh! Thank god I didn't take that medication!!" as I read her post (please understand I know she is talking about Benzos and I have an SSRI). Then I scrolled down and read what Kaydee said and it calmed me down. I realized that many more people could possibly be reading this and thinking the same thing I was thinking and it concerned me because I've been in a much lower place than I am now. I've been so low with emet that I truly think I should have been hospitalized, many of my old posts you can tell; I think I literally went insane. Many people are in the same place right now that I was. I don't think it's fair to come on here and potentially throw a monkey wrench in someone's recovery. Had I read her post while I was at my lowest point and if were on the medication, I would have stopped taking them that day and not tapered off.

I also want everyone to know that I'm NOT saying that these medications don't have their side effects but I felt what Amanda did was like going into an office where people are receiving their Chemotherapy and start saying how awful it is and all of the potential side effects. Some people NEED Benzos and SSRIs to literally survive and I just think it's dangerous to scare people out if taking their medication.

And the very last thing is that I think this entire thing, the entire argument could have been avoided had Amanda not been so rude and mean to people. Although this is an online community, many people have grown to care for each other. Many people know each other outside of here whether it's from meeting in person, friends on FB, or even texting. Just like if you were to see someone being rude to your friend, you'd stand up for them, I think the same happened here. See, the difference is (I think it was) Natiebear agreed with Amanda but Natibear was mature with her post and she didn't attack anyone. She said her opinion and experience but didn't try to strike fear. Had Amanda approached this with respect and maturity the way Natiebear did, this argument would've been non-existent, and I could have been an interesting conversation. I know by experience where many of the people who post daily panic posts are and I didn't want Amanda to potentially make their recovery worse or even back-slide.

Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    Wait wait wait. When I started reading this thread, I was like, we shouldn't tell other people how to live their lives. But now I'm like OH HELL NO. I started taking an SSRI 2 years ago. It was the best decision of my life. I can now focus on recovery with a clear head. And YES there is recovery. Ok, so this phobia will likely live with me the rest of my life, but it doesn't have to rule me. I can go out, I can hold a job, have friends, not think about vomiting every second of every day. To me, that's recovery. To have way more good days than bad (and yes, sometimes there are bad days, even when you're cured) that's recovery. Recovery is feeling anxiety creeping over you and being able to talk it down with tools you've learned. There may not be a day when I don't 'have' emetophobia, but I'll be damned if there is another day where I can't live my life because of it.

I'm honestly offended with people saying anti-anxiety meds are a 'band-aid' because anti anxiety meds saved my life and helped me shed the other band aids In my life (ie all my emet obsessions: gum chewing, picking my skin, etc.). Taking antiemetics WITHOUT a prescription is a band aid.

And this weird thing that has started with going back and finding people's 'inconcistencies' in old posts is just weird and wrong. Many people on this site, jadenignt, Kimberly, etc. have been long standing members and have been through hell and back. Are we really going to tell them they're hypocritical for something they said a long time ago in their worst places in panic? People change. I for one am all for that change, it means they're working toward recovery.
    I said that anxiety meds are like a band aid, but I meant it in a good way, and I certainly didn't mean to offend you. I just meant that for some people (like me), the SSRI I was taking acted like a buffer to make things a bit easier while I sought therapy.

I can see what you're saying about anti emetics being a bandaid too though!

I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

Okay, I have NOT posted in this thread in hopes it would die down, but apparently people refuse to stop typing my name - it's almost like they are begging me to respond.

People cherry-pick my posts. They pick out the things they do not like, and do not address the rest. Also, comparing benzos to chemotherapy and aspirin? Really?

I said you cannot compare the danger of anti-emetics to that of SSRIs and benzos. Did I say that a person should not take an SSRI? No, I said they cause dangerous side effects, and withdrawal, and since emets fear n* and v*, they may be AFRAID to take them (which I said was the reason I did not want to take them, as well as I do not want to taper/withdrawal from ANOTHER medicine). I am also not the one that said benzos were a bandaid, @cycle. That was Kaydee. I said benzos were a crutch, just like Zofran.

Also, Kimberly, you are a hypocrite. You're also a liar. I don't care if people thought that my searching for less than 5 minutes and finding the hypocrisy galore in this thread was weird, but I refuse to let people to down an emet's use of a safe, anti-emetic, while hoarding the same type (or even the same) drug.

I tried more than a few times to take the high road and either not post, or post something positive, but none of you would let me. I posted my opinion (and a ton of facts), and then was targeted because I disagreed with the "elite few" on this board. This board has changed so much over the past year or so. It's awful that a board that I used to frequent and thought was great has turned into such a mess. I mean, people targeting a teenage kid about a week ago...a barely teenager. Though, I guess that's okay, right?

I just want to say to the several people that have messaged me and thanked me for calling people out on their BS, you're welcome. More people should do the same. You shouldn't have to come on a support forum and have to rationalize an irrational fear to either 1) a person who can't really understand where you're coming from in the first place 2) or EVEN RATIONALIZE an IRRATIONAL fear. If you're not ready to type out the word v* or n* (I have never had an issue doing so, but choose to do so most of the time for the sake of others), or if you're not ready to throw out your anti-emetics, or if you have found sanctuary by taking SSRIs or benzos, then great. Don't let anyone stop you. If people actually read, that's what I have been saying the entire time. The only thing I have argued? That you cannot compare to safety of benzos and SSRIs to that of Zofran, or other anti-emetics. But, yeah, continue to pick and choose what you want out of my posts.

To those of you who continue to call me immature, rude, etc. You can fuck off. I don't care for your approval. You should use your own brain, though. Stop letting other people decide what you think about anything, including drugs and your phobia. Stop agreeing with someone merely because they are your "friend" or you feel it's the "cool" or "mature" thing to do. Don't follow what I say. All I've asked out of the posts I've made is to make an educated decision. That's where I messed up. All I said if I knew then what I knew now, I would have made a different decision with my treatment. I would never EVER down another person (and haven't) for taking either a benzo, an SSRI, OR an anti-emetic. Yet, that's exactly what the people you are supporting are doing. That's what Kaydee does in almost every post she makes. There was a post just a few days ago where a person said they informed their child(ren) that a nasty virus was going around that caused d* in order to improve their hygiene, and it worked. She wasn't making them wash their hands more than usual...you should read the responses that the "elite few" made on that thread, too.

But, I am not going to respond to this thread any more. I refuse to entertain people who read what they want and then dismiss the rest. If you want to talk to me any more about this (or something else), you can do what the mature people did and just msg me.

Also, Mamafear, I want to say something. For me, for the years I've been on this forum, you have been MY voice of reason, MY voice of comfort, and the most mature person I've met on this board. Thank you for your messages, your posts, and your support. They've always helped me (and others). This board may have changed, but there are many that have been years and their personalities never changed (as far as their support and maturity), you are a sincere and compassionate person. I just wanted you to know that you have always made me feel better in times of weakness. I thank you for that.

You all may not see much of a presence from me on this board any more. I wish you all the best, but I have found several people that I think can be my "support network" such that I don't have to post any more. I wish you all the best with recovery, support, and with anything else. Have a good day everyone.

-A
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post

Very rude generalizations

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    I wasn't going to post on here again but now that the frustration with this post is gone, I can reply with a level head.

i want everyone to understand that I wasn't saying that having an anti-emetic is bad, I would be the ultimate hypocrite if I said that since I have some. People have cough syrup in their cupboard to relieve a bad cough, aspirin to relieve a headache, and allergy medication to relieve allergies, why not have an anti-emetic to relieve N and V, whether it's from SV, Acid Reflux, or Endo symptoms But should someone who is afraid of headaches stop taking their doctor prescribed medication and take aspirin every single day? (

Thank you, I taught that was the point that was trying to be made before everyone started arguing.