Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Awful awful awful

This. Is awful I'd take any number of days over feeling like this
    started at dinner where I thought 'oooo I'm really not hungry i don't fancy this food' to then whilst I was getting ready for the shower to 'oh my goodness I think I might actually v*' I was surprisingly calm and just sort of breathed it out took domperidone and tried to forget about it.
    but then I came to bed and just woke up now feeling worse tightness across belly fast heart, lack of gas and this fullness also had an urgency for loo.
    ive eaten well today as felt hungry this was just so sudden later on. I've eaten quite a few pieces of gum and popcorn.
    I have had normal bm not loose and no cramps. It's just this feeling is different I can almost 'taste' it if that makes sense. Could if be acid reflux? Any tips? I haven't got tums etc.
    also i know I post panic posts and they can be overlooked but I'd really love your help on this one I'm scared

Default Re: Awful awful awful

That could be from a lot of different things, don't worry you'll feel better soon.

It is weird that you post this today because I feel very similar to what you describe today too. Pretty much every symptom you describe. Only I'm at work. I don't think it's anything serious. Who knows why sometimes we feel "off." It could be acid reflux. I'm trying to do deep breathing, remind myself that there is no emergency, sip tea, and not chew too much gum. Even though I like to chew gum when I'm anxious, but it makes me swallow air, which in turn makes me feel like I have to burp, which sometimes sets of anxiety. I hope you are feeling better now.

Oddly enough I feel sort of the same. I'm usually starving around 10 a.m. and today at lunch I still wasn't hungry, then started getting nauseous... took a domperidone, wasn't hungry after that either, came home late for supper and ate a little even though I wasn't hungry and now I'm slightly nauseous. There are people out sick at work today, and I assume it's because of a sv*. I also have cramps and some reflux. It might be any number of things, but I can only hope that when it is a sv* if after a few hours there was no v* then it's probably not going to happen.

Those symptoms you have sound very much like what most of us Emets deal with. With all of our dietary habits, lack of eating we tend develop alot of digestive issues. If it continues you may want to see a gastro doctor. They can run some tests to determine if its Acid Reflux or any other underlining conditions like IBS, gallbladder, etc.
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made