Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking Out Yet Again

My boyfriend and I were sitting on the couch when his stomach gurgled VERY loudly. Then he got up to go to the bathroom. He swears up and down that he didn't have d*, but he's been having a hard time going to the bathroom for the last 2-3 days. I figured it was his diet, so I made him drink some ACV and honey in warm water (supposedly a natural laxative).

We share a 1-bedroom apartment and a small bathroom. I clean the whole thing with bleach every few days, but I'm still terrified that he'll bring something home with him.

His appetite is fine, he has no fever, but the noises and the constipation have me worried. Anyone know what this could be? Anything contagious? And any ideas for natural laxatives other than prunes/prune juice?

Default Re: Freaking Out Yet Again

he had to poop. his poop was backed up. think of it like a clogged pipe that finally unclogs. sounds are normal. he will probably poop a few times close together when it starts moving again. nothing to worry about at all. I promise it's normal.

I really wouldn't worry lovely.it sounds just what I've got loud audible noises but no pains or d*'just constipation. I think it's just his body is a little dehydrated. He certainly won't v* from it I don't think. Maybe get him to drink plenty glasses of water and just relax x x x

Thanks everyone! He's taking the day off of work because he's been pretty stressed and he has a bunch of unused sick days. He still swears that he feels fine and he even ate a big breakfast about 3 hours ago. He pulled a shoulder muscle while working out so he took a muscle relaxer and is sleeping with the cats curled up at his feet...

Sounds like everything is okay, right? I've been freaking out since two of my co-workers came to our company's food show right after being sick. (It scares me, they were around food and chefs and restaurant owners...I'm not going out to eat for at least 2 weeks!)

He is fine. He sounds stressed out. No issue. Just let him rest and don't drive him nuts asking if he is ok I know us emets tend to do that.

I knew I could count on you to reassure me, mdgirl!

I'm definitely guilty of asking people a million times if they feel okay.

Ugh he stayed home yesterday and today he says he has d* and an "upset stomach"...could it be from the laxative tea? Still no fever.