Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey friends - im in a muddle and i need some advice...

OK heres the story - i dont feel sick but im scared i will...its hard to explain but ill try in the quickest way. basically i feel really light headed and wobbly. my period is due today and last month it played up and set off my ibs..
    BUT - im worried its not just that...

As many of you know, im cutting down my effexor and was on abt 9mg from 75kg - im now trying to take that down and i guess ive got it down to about 4.5mg - over the last two days.

and last xmas just before xmas, i was so very nearly sick - terrible d* and retching twice. on the same day, i had cut my effexor dose in half - from 75mg to 30mg - i didnt realise u had to go much slower. the thing is - im not sure if i had d* and nearly retched a) coz i cut the dose down or b) coz i had a bug - my boyf reckons it was a bad coincidence and i had a tummy bug - i was ill for two days in total.

but now - when i cut my dose down again - and combined with the d* (which im pretty sure is the period) im just not sure - if its the effexor or not - what do u think?

and do i just feel wobbly coz im hungry - oh i dont know - and to top it all off im at work - so if it is the effexor - i cant get any till 6pm - 5 hours away.

ohhhh crap
    ems x

Aww, I'm sorry you're having a rough day. The lightheadedness is probably a combination of your period, less meds and being hungry plus you sound kinda stressed. If you aren't feeling sick then I don't think you should (maybe anxiety sick but not "real" sick) Even if it was the meds around Christmas that made you feel so bad you also cut it in half! That's huge! You are doing it much smaller now so I would think that a little lightheadedness woud be all you'd get from it. I hope you feel better soon, pleasse keep us posted on how you're feeling!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Usually the clue to me is the hunger. If you are hungry, I doubt you are getting sick. I know how the IBS around the period goes, I wonder every month whether or not it will be an IBS period. Try to eat a little something, drink some water, and sit and relax as best you can.

I don't know anything about the meds because I've never been on them (I'm scared to try them for this very reason) but I would imagine the lightheadedness is from them and about all you will get. You seem to be taking it really slow getting off, so I don't think you will get sick.

Feel better!

Yeah, I agree. The best thing to do would be to get some kind of food into your stomach. That'll probably ease out the wobbliness. Also, knowing your queasiness can be attributed to your period/drugs should make it a bit easier. Try eating some crackers or soup and see if that helps! GL!
    \"Do not worry about the future for it is not yet come. Live each day in the present and make it beautiful.\"
    Elizabeth