Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Video time! Discuss?

My sister is really into YouTube celebrities, and I've seen this particular couple a few times through her. I did know that the girlfriend has a pretty severe bug phobia through other videos, but this one pretty much proved it (if you, yourself have a spider phobia, don't tread these waters, but it's totally emet safe): Also, I think her boyfriend's a bit of an ass for this - they've been dating for like 10 years or something, pretty sure he knows the extent of her fear!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s50KL...gbWJHDxBqB4qVg

First: Is this what we look like when faced with puke?! Lol.

Anyway, here's what I wanted to talk about: Honestly, I couldn't even laugh. I felt so bad for her! My sister was giggling away and I was like, "Oh my god, how awful! She's so scared!" My friggin' eyes even teared up! This was supposed to be funny and I could not laugh until the end when she was smiling and mentioned arachnophobia lol.

Maybe this phobia has made me too sensitive... haha. Anyway, how did it make you feel as someone else who also has a phobia? Were you able to laugh (which would be totally understandable - they upload these videos for humor!), or did it hit a little too close to home for you?
    Last edited by yourjedi; 05-10-2014 at 05:37 AM.

Default Re: Video time! Discuss?

I felt really sorry for her L she was genuinely terrified and I don’t think it was at all funny... I laugh when people are scared, just not that scared ! J

Poor girl that must of been so scary. I did feel sorry for her, I didn't find it funny at all that did hit home for me it reminded me of what happened last week when my friend v* and how scared I was. My reaction was very similar to that hers
    Last edited by butterfly91; 05-10-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah that wasn't funny at all. Poor girl.
    M I D N I G H T

OMG! That was mean. Could you imagine being taped to a chair while someone v-ed on you. I wander if that made her phobia worse? That poor girl.

Omg that was awful!!! Really mean but she took it well at the end. I think I would have punched him...a lot. Lol. But yes, I know I've reacted to vomit in that way only minus the screaming, because I can't scare my kids lol. Poor girl. I did not laugh because she was crying and really terrified.

Catlynn, that's exactly what I was thinking!!!