Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation UPDATE: On my Emetophobia story

Hey guys! Some of you may remember me writing about being in a treatment center several months back (If you haven't read it, feel free to read it on my previous thread! )

Anyway, I have since discharged! I was in there from October 17th, 2013 to January 17th, 2014. I'll be honest, it was like hell on earth because of emetophobia. I had to eat 3500 calories a day! It wasn't the calories that bothered me, nope, it was emet. I felt sooo sick after eating those giant meals. I came close to being sick one time and I remember I had had to drink 16 oz of Boost on top of a sandwich (gah!). I remember shaking so hard and feeling my throat closing in....thank goodness for my strong willpower not to be sick! I thought for sure I would v* at least once during that 4 month journey but amazingly I never did.

So what did an Eating Disorder Treatment Center do for my Emetophobia? Well, not much in the end. I did gain weight though and I am now nearly at a normal weight for my age (yay!!!). I started at 68 lbs when I went in and came out at an amazing 93 lbs! I have been holding steady but recently had a slight setback (now im 90 lbs) but I am trying so hard. The Treatment Center did absolutely NOTHING for my phobia. The therapist I had was just...ok and the physiciatrist was honestly just insane and tried to make me think I had anorexia. So basically they told me I had some form of an eating disorder, put me on Celexa (for anxiety) and sent me off after I gained weight. Great.

So here I am, at a normal weight but still suffering. I may be doing Exposure Therapy soon but I have no idea until I go to the appointment (next week). Sorry that was so long! I will happy to have any feedback you guys might have! God Bless and I hope you're doing ok!

Default Re: UPDATE: On my Emetophobia story

Hannah you're so strong and I admire you so much <3 I'd never have the courage for any of that. You're seriously one of my role models.
    Love,
    Your spebie <3

Sweetie, you're so strong, just remember that under the frightened girl there is a fighting spirit!. It is so sad that there are all of these well meaning people out there motivated to help but not armed with enough emet knowledge to help in a beneficial way. You have inspired me today with your perseverance. xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

That is amazing, I don't think I would ever be able to do something like that. I'm sorry you can't find someone that truly understands where your food issues come from.

Thank you ♥. It means a lot that you guys care. We're all in this together!

God bless you! Keep up the good work! You can do it! Try the therapy, and keep us updated =), I'm very proud of you

I would never be able to do that, good for you! i hope the exposure therapy works out better for your emet though.

Ok, I have another update!

On Thursday, I went to the appointment. I talked with a therapist and she said that she does recommend exposure therapy. Unfortunately I'll have to wait awhile though because we have to find out more information first. Ugh! But I'm still excited!
    Do not fear: I am with you; do not be anxious: I am your God.
    I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

-Isaiah 41:10

So good to see you still aiming for the stars! I would consider asking whether she has used Exposure Therapy with emet before. I keep reading conflicting stories. Although, if anyone could do it, you sound like you have an incredible positivity and spirit! xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch