Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default The Fear of Vomiting

Since Jun 22, 1991, I haven't vomited. Since Jan of 1992, vomiting has been what I'm scared of. I sometimes get nausea, though I never vomit. I'm a mixed Caucasian/African American male. Vomiting is very disgusting, unpleasant and embarrassing. I always fear vomiting, whether alone or in public. I always drink 7UP Soda and have mints to stop myself from vomiting, period. I'm also autistic, and vomiting is incredibly nasty and disgusting.

I'm really scared of vomiting, and this fear may end up forever.

Default Re: The Fear of Vomiting

Welcome. sorry you're struggling. You will feel less alone here. Does anyone else know about your fear? Do you live with others?
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I agree with Mamafear, you'll feel less alone here Welcome!
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Hello! I know how you feel, I often feel that way too. This forum does provide some comfort and a way to associate with people with similar struggles.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

That moment before you're about to vomit is the worst. You can just feel the gag reflex coming up, I hate it too.
    Don't worry we're all here for support!

Hi there welcome to the group All of us here share in your struggles. I have two kids with Autism so I know how hard it is when they get sick. Do you have family that knows and can help you?? Support is very important in dealing with this fear
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made