Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation My sister is sick please someone anyone help me

MY SISTER IS SICK. I NEED HELP. I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE, I NEED TO ESCAPE.
    I have never felt so scared in fucking ages. I'm shaking so much.. so much.. it hasn't been a year, and she's sick again. I don't think i can do this again. I need to get out of here... but i can't leave my room. Since i've been getting better, we've been hanging out more, more contact. and this is what i fucking get. I know talking about it won't make her stop getting sick, i just... oh for god;s sake i don't even know anymore.

She literally first v* 10 mins ago. I'm just praaaying she doesnt get sick again. I knew she wasn't herself about an hour ago, and she said she was having a panic attack (I didn't believe it.. I had that sinking feeling that she was going to get sick.) I'm in my room, knowing i won't get any sleep, as it is nearly midnight.

And she got sick again. Get me out of here. I just can't explain how hopeless... useless.. scared.. traumatised and more scared I am now.

I caved in. I came back on this forum. I truly thought my phobia was going away. Funny thing.. I was thinking a loot this morning about how lucky I've been. She hasn''t got sick in nearly a year. I was finally believing that with her not getting sick every friggen two two months, i could finally beat this. So numb.

Please someone make me feel better.

Default Re: My sister is sick please someone anyone help me

I'm so sorry your having to deal with this do you know what might of caused her to v? Just make sure you wash your hands and if you share the same bathroom as her clean everything with bleach and also clean the surfaces she's touched as well
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucky I'm soooo sorry you're dealing with this! I don't know if you're phobic of other being sick or yourself or both but just remember that she is only contagious when she has started showing symptoms. You haven't left your room since she started showing symptoms, so you're totally fine. Keep telling yourself that you are fine and you aren't in danger. Turn on some music or better yet, put in some headphones and listen to happy upbeat music. You don't need to know the number of times she does it and it will only make your anxiety worse.

When she is done either you or someone else should go in and spray the bathroom with bleach spray and then for the next couple weeks just don't touch your face and wash your hands before you eat. You're going to be just fine

Just keep reminding yourself you're not in danger. Repeat it if you have to.

Well.. I know she got sick twice, but after that I just listened to really loud music, so I have no idea if she's still v*ing. I'd rather not find out. I've been listening to the same loud song for a good 2 and a half hours now.

She went to a party yesterday and she slept over, got home today at mid-day. There probably would have been alcohol there... but when she came back, she didn't look in any way hungover. Maybe it was something she ate there? I just hope it's not contagious.

Thanks Kimberly.. I like I said, I've been listening to music which blocks out the sound. It has calmed me down soo much. At least I'm not shaking too much anymore.

I guess I'm getting used to this now.. she's been sick at least 12 times over the past 4 years. It gets me every time.

It might be food or if she drunk it could be alcohol. If you don't want to face her maybe you could text her and ask her what she thinks has made her ill? That way at least you would have some idea whether or not she has anything contagious and you would know what precautions to take, if that makes sense? Sorry my advice is probably so rubbish lol. But it's just an idea
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

omg sweetie I am sorry. I hope she is feeling better. you got a lot of great advice from the group, so I won't add much. I agree that it could have been food or alcohol. just use precautions. It will be ok!

Hun I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. It's so awful feeling trapped and terrified like that!
    Don't discount your progress based on this. You are understandably scared for yourself, but it's entirely possible that what's wrong with her isn't contagious. She may just be feeling the after-effects of the party she was at. can you text her and check on her since you are in your room? It might help to alleviate your fear if she lhinks she's hungover. From what I've been told, it feels significantly different than having a virus.
    I hope you both are feeling better. Hang in there!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

How are you doing now a few days later? Did you make out okay, I hope!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyNumber View Post
    Thanks Kimberly.. I like I said, I've been listening to music which blocks out the sound. It has calmed me down soo much. At least I'm not shaking too much anymore.

I guess I'm getting used to this now.. she's been sick at least 12 times over the past 4 years. It gets me every time.

Wow that is alot of times to be sick with a SV in four years. Does she have other health issues?? Are you sure it IS a virus??
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

Hi everyone
    At the moment no one else is sick, and my sister's getting better. I don't think it was a virus, however I'm getting a panic attack right now, so I'm hoping it's just another random panic attack. At school, I'm handling it okay, but at home, I can't help but feel depressed and anti-social at home, and I'm extremely scared/jumpy around my sister.

I have a feeling it wasn't a virus.. she said at the party that she ate chicken that was left out for a long time. I'm hoping I'll feel more relaxed soon, but I usually start easing off on my anxious behaviour after two weeks.