Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Haven't been on in months

I haven't been on this website in months because I've begun to calm down. It feels like sort of a victory to me. And recently I've been able to have this sort of clarity where if I do feel sick, I just say to myself, "If I am sick, then I may or may not throw up and I will feel better later and it won't be the worst thing in the world to throw up." It's been fantastic to be able to think of that if I do feel awful.

Default Re: Haven't been on in months

That's really positive I wish I could think like that, I'm glad your emet is getting better
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Good job Jilly!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

That's nice to hear
    btw, do yo go to some therapy?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Thats brilliant news. I'm really envious but thrilled someone is escaping this nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by jillybug522 View Post
    I haven't been on this website in months because I've begun to calm down. It feels like sort of a victory to me. And recently I've been able to have this sort of clarity where if I do feel sick, I just say to myself, "If I am sick, then I may or may not throw up and I will feel better later and it won't be the worst thing in the world to throw up." It's been fantastic to be able to think of that if I do feel awful.
    That is a great mantra and a logical way to think as it's true! Keep going, you sound like a success story Out of curiosity, do you find that this site sometimes fuels the phobia?

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly91 View Post
    That's really positive I wish I could think like that, I'm glad your emet is getting better
    Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by mhartse View Post
    Good job Jilly!
    Thank yoU!

Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    That's nice to hear
    btw, do yo go to some therapy?
    I did start going to therapy which really did help but I have not returned in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Thats brilliant news. I'm really envious but thrilled someone is escaping this nightmare.
    Thank you. My phobia is still relatively bad and I still get panicky thoughts and anxiety attacks. I still have a lot of problems. It will get better with time as long as you're willing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca1976 View Post
    That is a great mantra and a logical way to think as it's true! Keep going, you sound like a success story Out of curiosity, do you find that this site sometimes fuels the phobia?
    Thank you! I definitely think it can make me feel more panicky sometimes but I usually find solace in being able to help other people. Reassuring other emetophobes usually reassures me.