Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: would you rather get sv* or someone you love get sv*?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • i'd rather get sv* myself

5 22.73%
  • i'd rather someone i love got sv*

17 77.27%

Default Would you rather get an sv* yourself or have someone you love get an sv*?

I'd rather get it myself personally!!

One because I want to face my emet. 2 because I care about the people I love and don't want them to get ill!

Interesting poll I think it will be...

(not sure if the poll has worked probs not but still answer

Default Re: Would you rather get an sv* yourself or have someone you love get an sv*?

I'd rather others because I can prevent myself from catching their illness.

Default Re: Would you rather get an sv* yourself or have someone you love get an sv*?

Definitely me. I know I can handle it, but I get so upset when my family gets sick. Also, my poor baby and my hubby get sv and have a very hard time kicking it. If I get it, I have it a day and it's over. Plus, I just hate for the people I care for to be sick with anything.

I'd rather someone I love get an sv*. What can I say, it's the emet talking..one can't expect the other answer.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Neither but if I had to choose, someone I love. I would care for them and help them feel better, plus there are ways I can prevent myself from catching it.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Neither, I try and protect my kids as much as myself, if I had to choose I would choose myself, I would rather suffer any illness or disease rather than my kids having it.

Behind this thread is the idea that we should take a bullet (stomach virus) for someone else. But that idea ignores that not everyone feels the same about vomiting. Most of the people in my life simply puke when they feel like it and then get on with their days. If you asked them about it a week later, they wouldn't even remember very well. If you asked them how often they vomit or how many times in their lives (emet questions), they might not even have a very good idea. Whereas we emets obsess over our seconds of vomiting for decades. Our minutes of nausea haunt us for months or years. So yes, we're emets, and we would rather someone else throw up instead of ourselves. It doesn't mean we're bad people. It means we're emets!!!
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is a complex question for me. Right now, I'd rather someone I love catch a stomach virus than me. Everyone around me views V as a discomfort or a inconvenience than a terrifying thing. My husband isn't afraid of it at all, so I'd much rather him get it than me. It wouldn't even phase him at all. But if either my sons had emetophobia, I would take it for him in a heartbeat. I'd rather any non-emetophobe catch a virus than any emetophobe.

I guess it depends on the loved one.

To my sister, vomiting is a complete nothing - she does it willingly if she even feels a tiny bit nauseated. So, I would rather her get it because she doesn't care. She'd probably say she would rather herself get it than me so she didn't have to deal with me freaking out! My boyfriend and dad are kind of the same way. So... I guess I would rather them?

It sounds mean, but it's not, promise!