Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default SITE OWNER/S, Please read!!

Hey guys, as some of you know I have been dealing with a nightmare at our house with what we are assuming to be Noro and as I read through the messages that made up my thread I felt so comforted, and as this week unfolded, literally saved a life.
    I would truly be devastated without being able to come on here, feel fellow emets reaching out to comfort me during all this, and when I am having day to day emet struggles. As I reflected on this, and on the feeling of happiness I get from helping others on here in crisis, came the thought that somewhere, someone clicks a button allowing money to be spent to keep IES afloat. SO TO THE PERSON/S WHO ARE KEEPING THIS AWESOME SUPPORT NETWORK ALIVE, THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!! I realize that the moderation of the site is an issue but if that is the price I pay for not having to pay for membership, then so be it as there is simply no way that we can afford to pay even basic stuff at the moment, let alone membership to websites, This website, a few days ago, literally saved my life.

**Ifanyone from the top reads this, maybe we can organize new moderators on the site to take care of any trouble on the forums as we have trolls, aaaah!, we have willing volunteers just waiting to be asked.....
    Last edited by Mamafear; 07-28-2014 at 04:11 AM.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: SITE OWNER/S, Please read!!

Totally agree, mamafear - this website has been amazing for me in terms of helping me in my attempts to recover from this phobia!

I'm absolutely willing to be a mod. I've done similar things before for different websites, and I'm lurking on here even if I'm posting a little less than I used to. Say the word and I'm on it!

I've offered to be a mod for a while...

This place means a lot to me too. I've met a few of my best friends here, and the support of the community has helped me not feel like a freak. I've seen other people, really amazing people, in many cases who struggle the same as I do. I join the others in saying thanks to Rich, or whoever else is paying the bills, and I agree, I will be willing to help moderate these forums...if you all are reading this, this can be an amazing community that can be a place of hope for others. We just need to have a little bit of self governance.

I'd also be willing to mod. I've got very little time for trolls and/or unhelpful and abusive behaviour so no problem with being firm!

I'd be willing to mod too I love helping others!
    Do not fear: I am with you; do not be anxious: I am your God.
    I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

-Isaiah 41:10

Id love to me a mod as well, I feel I come on the site enough and know enough people too to sort things out.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Me too! I think there are a lot of takers for mod positions. We all want to help each other out finding this site was a huge relief for me when I started really suffering a few years ago. I thought I was crazy - and then I found out that this phobia is real. I always thought I was particularly crazy because I'd never heard anybody else having a fear of being sick, and then I came to realize it's one of the biggest phobias. I'm happy that there's an incredible support team on here for everyone who is suffering.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."