Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Where do you prefer to v

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toilet

44 45.83%
  • Sink

16 16.67%
  • Other

36 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where do you prefer to v*?

I never have made it to the toilet whenever im sick. I'm not sure, but i think the toilet makes the whole situation more real, like i HAVE to v*, instead of giving myself the choice. Even though thats completely irrational, thats my case.
    So if i'm really really ill, i will use a bucket, its pretty much the only way.

Smile, that's really an interesting way to think about it. The last time I was seriously nauseated (10 years ago), I went in and out of the bathroom like I do on a normal day, but I remember eying the toilet warily. It was as if I was acknowledging that if I put my head too close to it, I would be admitting that vomiting was the only way out. I kept my nausea at bay for over 12 hours until I went to bed and made it through the crisis without throwing up.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The toilet makes me nervous too. I don't really like using it because if I'm sick enough to throw up I usually don't make it to the toilet. I prefer a bag or trash can that way I don't have to get up and run to the bathroom if it hits me suddenly (which it usually does).

Wow....now I am totally grossed out and feeling sick....come on guys, I am bound to come down with my daughter's SV today, tomorrow or Sat! UGH....

Based on all of your comments....how often do you get sick. My last time was when I was 10 years old and I am now 31.....so over 21 years ago!

The toilet just makes me feel worse.

you are so lucky. Just make sure you wash your hands before putting them anywhere near your mouth.

If it were to happen to me - anywhere that I could do it alone without being self-concious or offending anyone.

I'm incredibly resistant to V'ing. It would mean I have a serious problem and I would be feeling extremely bad.

SO in answer to the question. I would say at home alone would be best. Would be able to rest on my own bed since I would feel so bad. Would be alone so no one would be there to activate my anxiety. And my bathroom is right off my room so I could easily V in the sink and rinse it down with water.

Hope never to test this theory!!!!!

Later,
    David

I have to say, I've never thought about the shower, but that's a REALLY interesting idea.
    But, all in all, I would say the toilet just for the same reason of flushing it gone so there's no clean up. V*ing is bad enough, but then to have to clean it up in anyway (rinsing out a bucket/washing out the sink/ect.), No Way!

It is quite gross, but if ever I do now I prefer to be alone with a wastebasket sitting on a comfy surface. It seems normal and easier for me.
    Life is so worth living.

I prefer a trash can.

Toilet when at home or better that outside. Last time I did it in the woods so didn't have to worry about cleaning up though it splashed back on my legs as I was wearing shorts at the time. Carpet however avoid at all costs

I have been s* in a sink at the babysitters house (I was very young) I got yelled at so the made me more afraid of v* it was closer than the toilet. I have bee s* in the toilet. The sounds made me s* again. The last time I had a sv* I was going from both ends so it was the trash can (with a bag in it) it was so much easier on me! It is a rather deep trash (8 gallon?) can so it helped. I just tied up the bag and threw it in the big "herbie curbie" and sprayed everything down with Lysol. That is now my choice should I ever need use for it again. Touch wood, I am going on 9 years v* free!

I prefer to have a trash can with a bag, so I can just toss it afterwards. I also prefer to just be relaxing in my room, watching TV by myself, when it happens.
    Last edited by BrookeM; 02-15-2016 at 12:02 AM.

I prefer to do it in a trash bin/bucket. Preferrably sitting on my couch. Its most comfortable for me. Being in the bathroom makes me more anxious for some reason.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

I'm kind of ashamed to say I've never actually made it to a toilet OR sick the few times that I've gotten sick. When I have tried to in a toilet, all I did was dry heave. The last time I was sick was in a trash can...and the time before that, unfortunately I was a child and was sick at my best friends house in the stairs at a Christmas party...which triggered this phobia for me...